Elf and safety…..28mm North Star Oathmark Elven Archers

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
just off the production line are these Elven archers. High quality chaps, so I gave them much more uniformity than I usually do.
Not my best work. I seem to have developed a slight hand tremor which makes the finest work a little difficult. Hopefully it’s just the steroids and it will go off……I also didn’t get much contrast into the blues :sad:
Anyway, they are good enough for gaming…..
all paint by Vallejo except the brass which was Darkstar. The flag is by Little Big Men Studios. Base by me, it’s simple flock and pond gravel if you are interested……
CF60F0AC-05D2-4E95-BB8A-35AAC607882E.jpeg
BC693787-BCA4-477E-B142-3BAC0353C513.jpeg
E4AA214A-FD91-46BC-86EB-5AB87A9AEAD8.jpeg

And, as always, here’s the calibration shot……
37DE0C03-C61A-4658-AC48-2ECECC2AE9AA.jpeg

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Keep looking at these Oathmark figures, miss the old warhammer days and know when the Old World is released I'll not be affording it, but nothing else is scratching that itch.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Again great work Tim. Even if your think it's not your best work they're still very special.

And obviously gone the have tremor is a passing thing.

Great work.

ATB.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
As always, Tim, I'm in awe as to the detail you manage to bring out in these tiny characters . There's a current thread about storing completed models, well these little guys will make storage problems a thing of the past - unless you're aiming for an army of thousands!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Keep looking at these Oathmark figures, miss the old warhammer days and know when the Old World is released I'll not be affording it, but nothing else is scratching that itch.
Not my sort of game I’m afraid Karl, so I don’t know much about Sci Fi gaming or warhammer at all.
There are other 28mm manufacturers out there making that sort of stuff those.
Have a look at forms like Heresy miniatures, EM4, 7TV from crooked dice (some really cool stuff here), Ganesha games, Scibor miniatures (Polish, but availible from Wayland games) or possibly the stuff from Anvil industries……..

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Again great work Tim. Even if your think it's not your best work they're still very special.

And obviously gone the have tremor is a passing thing.

Great work.

ATB.

Andrew
Very kind Andrew. I like them as a unit, just not as individuals :rolling:

The tremor is less this week, so as the steroids are on a decreasing dose, I’m blaming them……off them all together at the end of next week, so hopefully back to normal then……

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
As always, Tim, I'm in awe as to the detail you manage to bring out in these tiny characters . There's a current thread about storing completed models, well these little guys will make storage problems a thing of the past - unless you're aiming for an army of thousands!
Thanks Jim, I appreciate the support……
They don‘t take a huge amount of space, but it’s surprising how fast they fill up a cabinet……with these I’ll probably end up with a couple of hundred per side

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Not my sort of game I’m afraid Karl, so I don’t know much about Sci Fi gaming or warhammer at all.
There are other 28mm manufacturers out there making that sort of stuff those.
Have a look at forms like Heresy miniatures, EM4, 7TV from crooked dice (some really cool stuff here), Ganesha games, Scibor miniatures (Polish, but availible from Wayland games) or possibly the stuff from Anvil industries……..
Ignore that lot Karl…..just looked up Old World and realised they are reinventing a fantasy backdrop…….

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
There are several other good rule sets out there Karl. Dragon Rampant by Osprey has a lot of adherents, as does Oathmark. Another is Kings of war by Mantic games. You could, of course, just use other figures with the GW rules……

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Lovely stuff as always, Tim. The tremor must be infuriating - glad to hear it's diminishing, let's hope it goes completely.
The flag - did Little Big Men produce the design on the shield at the staff-top too? Looks very cool.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Paul. Glad you like them. I think it will Paul. Seem to remember I had this issue last time I was on them, but then I was in the middle of a very bad flare so had plenty else to keep me interested ;)
Yes LBMS did the flag staff topper. Still not 100% convinced I like their products even though I use them a lot. It just seems weird painting the area white to put on a decal….

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
There are several other good rule sets out there Karl. Dragon Rampant by Osprey has a lot of adherents, as does Oathmark. Another is Kings of war by Mantic games. You could, of course, just use other figures with the GW rules……
Kings of War just didn't do it, Oathmark would require me to get people playing as no one locally is.
I'm sticking with Black Powder for the time being.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Kings of War just didn't do it, Oathmark would require me to get people playing as no one locally is.
I'm sticking with Black Powder for the time being.
"Oathmark"... "Black Powder"....
WTF ?!!! .... This is all Greek to me!! :smiling3: