Ellen's Mustang

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
Revell Ford Mustang GT , 1/25

Built oob, cept for dropping the front suspension a few milli as the nose sits too high on this kit and there's too much space under the wheel arches otherwise, couldnt use the twin stripe decals as they just didn't fit, bit disappointed how high the hood lifts too, put some effort in under there and now you can't see it

I had a reason for building this kit

Many years ago I was a member of a community forum, it was a hangout for people who just wanted somewhere to chat, play silly forum games, share pics or YouTube vids, tell jokes, etc, generally have a bit of a laugh

About 5 years ago it sort of imploded under behind the scene politics and lots of people left, it coincided with Facebook kicking off so a gang of us have kept in touch on there

Ellen was born and bred in Houston, Texas although her parents are Japanese immigrants, who went there in the late 70s and opened a restaurant, and I have never come across anyone who has such a wicked sense of humour as Ellen, never ever ceased to make me smile or laugh

I have the habit of having a photo album for models on Facebook and whenever I build something nice I share it in the album so my non-model making friends can see what I'm up to

Ellen had once asked if I had ever built a 2006 Ford Mustang, as that was what she drove. At the time this Revell kit had only been out a year or two, I told her that once I got hold the kit at a sensible price, I would build it and send it to her

I never got the chance to keep the promise, 6 months later Ellen passed away, she wasn't even 30 years old

Knew she had been ill with cancer, she often said she was so sick with the chemo that she couldn't leave her bed for days, and other times she was so full of life that she really made the most of it. She never told any of us that the chemo wasn't working

May sound strange but she had such a personality that she left a huge hole in a lot of people's lives

Finally got round to keeping my promise, although it has taken me a few years, whenever I look at it in the show case I shall think of Ellen and the good times

It hasn't got any license plates cos once I get some ink for my printer I'm going to make some 'ELLE1' plates

Elle-Chan, my wonderfully crazy and so badly missed friend, this one's for you

T

treyzx10r

Great build and a wonderful way to celebrate the memory of your friend Paul. My condolences for your loss.

Last edited:
P

Polux

It's a beautiful tribute to your friend.

My condolences for your loss Paul.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
A stunning tribute...

My condolences Paul

Lee :smiling3:

S

Saj

Fantastically built and a wonderful way to remember your friend

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A great build to commemorate your friend, she sounds like a wonderful person.

Very well done and a nice tribute.

Paul

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is such a touching story. A great model, but more important a great tribute to a obviously special friend.

Si.