Emhar 1/72 Mk IV "Female"

First Name
Neil
OK, Criticism/suggestions welcome.

I never make vehicles, even when I started out as a nipper I did planes and the odd boat. I think I started one vehicle and made such a hash I never did another.

Anyway, here are some pics:

View attachment 96714

View attachment 96715

View attachment 96716

View attachment 96717

View attachment 96718

View attachment 96719

View attachment 96720

View attachment 96721

View attachment 96722

Anyway, this is pretty simple except the top rails got well mashed - hence the one missing! The problem is that they are 3 very small skinny parts that have to be joined at odd angles so:

1. Anyone got suggestions how to do that neatly? I think I probably should have laid them out on a tile or something, set them and then put the finished rail on.

2. Yes the colours are not authentic, once I realised the rail was too far gone I just made my own camo. However, although I finished with kleer before the decals I didn't leave it long enough to dry, so although I used decalfix, they didn;t settle down quite as anticipated.

3. How are the track colours? Never mase or coloured any before so I tried to give them a used/rusty sort of look.

4. I've put this in finished but I may add some matt varnish to dull it down and add some mud. Or I may just leave this and use it as lessons learned.

Have at it, no need to be gentle, I can take it!

DSC_3911.JPG

DSC_3912.JPG

DSC_3914.JPG

DSC_3915.JPG

DSC_3916.JPG

DSC_3918.JPG

DSC_3919.JPG

DSC_3920.JPG

DSC_3922.JPG

First Name
Jason
Right Neil you've asked for it so brace yourself ;)

1: I think you've learnt your own lesson there matey. Anything small and fiddly I would assemble separately on a stable surface as you suggest.

2: The camo looks good to me and I don't think there are many colour photos of these in action so who am I to question? The only advice I would offer is to allow plenty of drying time between processes. I've learnt that the hard way as well!

3: The tracks look good and rusty to me.

4: I would give it a matt coat but maybe consider giving it an oil wash first to pick out some of the detail.

I like it though, just needs a little base now.

Jason

First Name
Neil
Oh yes, brush painted not airbrush and I probably did not thin down the paint enough which shows too. Thanks for tips Jason, I may get the male one, paint it British colours and make a dio, not sure. I have a small base I could try it with. Got some others to finish first though, I'll think about that however.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like it-issues are: too shiny-matt coat to dull down, decals look too strong-they maybe what came with the kit but some weathering would just tone down.

Apart from that I think you have done excellent work in that scale.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I like it in fact the missing rail could be down to battle damage or going under a low bridge ( last one is a joke :D ) your tracks are fine they look worn and rusty as I would imagine, your camo is fine as no one really knows what colour the Germans painted these after they captured them

All in all I'd say good job :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I think all I was thinking and more has already been said Neil, but I have to add that I think you've done a great job on the tracks.