Emhar Mv IV Female tank

First Name
Neil
My other half bought me this for Christmas - I said surprise me - so she did.

I have never ever done a tank, planes, some ships, and a few vehicles but I normally stay clear of them.

So I'm dead-chuffed but a little baffled on the colour schemes, there seem to be 4 of them, with the British in an olive drab and the "German" (i.e. captured one) with some camouflage.

Looks like a good project to try some weathering on, but what are the FS colours? I use brushes and right now mainly tamiya acrylics as these are the ones I got when getting back into it with a couple of tamiya models. I can use Tamiya equivalents if I have them or I've seen the Vellejo are well thought of so it may be an excuse to buy some of them to try?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Neil, sounds like a great project. If you are wondering what FS means it stands for Federal Standard they have no paint names just a 5 digit number, the is normally a 1, 2 or 3 this is the level of sheen to the paint: 1: Gloss. 2: Semi-gloss. 3: Matt. The second figure in the sequence refers to colour classification: 0: Brown. 1: Red and so forth. The remaining numbers are the strength/intensity of the colour, the lower the figure the darker the colour.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
What FS colours does the kit refer to Neil?

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
My other half bought me this for Christmas - I said surprise me - so she did.I have never ever done a tank, planes, some ships, and a few vehicles but I normally stay clear of them.

So I'm dead-chuffed but a little baffled on the colour schemes, there seem to be 4 of them, with the British in an olive drab and the "German" (i.e. captured one) with some camouflage.

Looks like a good project to try some weathering on, but what are the FS colours? I use brushes and right now mainly tamiya acrylics as these are the ones I got when getting back into it with a couple of tamiya models. I can use Tamiya equivalents if I have them or I've seen the Vellejo are well thought of so it may be an excuse to buy some of them to try?
Any photo's Neil?

Gregg

First Name
Neil
No photos - I haven't had a chance, may do some tomorrow.

FS 16118

FS 10219

FS 10118

FS 14187

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
No photos - I haven't had a chance, may do some tomorrow.FS 16118

FS 10219

FS 10118

FS 14187
FS 16118: Gunship Grey.

FS 10219: Tan Vietnam.

FS 10118: Earth.

FS 14187: Green.

Not sure of Humbrol and Tamiya equivalents.