Epoxy, which one?

J

Johnnie B

Total noob here, I want to use some putty to make some folded tarps. I have some miliput, but have seen here and other forums people recommending ‘Duro’ as it is more elastic.
Searching for Duro has been slightly fruitless, but I have seen it mentioned alongside ‘Green Stuff’.
Is it the same thing?
Thanks.

J

Jay-BFG

Green Stuff is the UK name for it. It is flexible, but hard to sand afterwards. I tend to use a 50:50 mix of GS and Magisculp (for general sculpting/modification), best of both worlds
Have you thought of pie tin foil or similar to make it? I hear a lot of people do.

First Name
Wouter
Depending on what you need it for. As Jay I usually use Magic Sculp or Magic Sculp mixed with Green stuff, it works very well.

Cheers

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Milliput is hard to work with, compared to most other brands I’ve tried. The best I’ve used is Sylmasta A+B, but judging by their web site, it seems they don’t make that anymore; Magic Sculp also works quite well.

J

Johnnie B

Thanks for all the replies. Will have to investigate Magic Sculpt, but going to look at a few videos about using foil as well.