ESS ELSBRIG SERIAL NUMBER: 985565-D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is a scratch and kit bashed model of a freighter from a fan-fiction story I am writing based on the Alien film franchise.

Some background:

CHAPTER 1

ESS Elsbrig drifted slowly through the inky blackness, her faster than light drive was cold and the prime-drives shut down. The onboard computer detected a problem with the heat flow rates-diagnostics, had checked and re-checked, and had decided, for safety’s sake, to shut down the trans-drive unit. The glowing bubble of faster than light energy that engulfed the ship disappeared in a blink of an eye, or it would have if anybody was around to witness the event. Once out of hyper-space, onboard computers tackled the errant drive problem, backup systems and redundant circuits hummed into life as digital bits of information darted through dormant pathways. But with all this technology, the computer came up with one thing, over and over again:

COMPUTER DIAGNOSTIC #1200002

ESS ELSBRIG-SERIAL # 985565-D

TRANS-DRIVE UNIT FAULT

BLOCKAGE IN STARBOARD VENT PORT

The computer had chewed this over and arrived at the only conclusion it could, it dropped out of hyper-space and activated the sleep chambers. Technology was great, but in this circumstance it needed a hands-on approach, something that the computer was sorely lacking.

There is more to the story and the model is still to finish, she is supposed to look battered, she is a very old ship.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 119767

View attachment 119768

View attachment 119769

View attachment 119770

View attachment 119771

View attachment 119772

View attachment 119773

View attachment 119774

View attachment 119775

DSCF4433.JPG

DSCF4436.JPG

DSCF4437.JPG

DSCF4438.JPG

DSCF4439.JPG

DSCF4440.JPG

DSCF4442.JPG

DSCF4443.JPG

DSCF4445.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work so far Si

A very interesting snippet of the story also, are you doing a full story of just bits for the build

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Great work so far Si
A very interesting snippet of the story also, are you doing a full story of just bits for the build
It is a full story Ian, I have the last bit to finish. Just a bit about the Elsbrig herself.

D

dougie

Si, I can only see the tiny pics as the internet on the boat is a little poor at the moment, the back story is quite cool, seems well written. What I can see of the pics look cool mate, nice start

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
it looks real good Si,and I,m liking the story as well,

will look forward to whats next, ;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thanks guys, glad you like it.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
It is a full story Ian, I have the last bit to finish. Just a bit about the Elsbrig herself.
You will have to send me a draft when completed Si. It sounds good from the snippet you've posted already

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
You will have to send me a draft when completed Si. It sounds good from the snippet you've posted already
Unfortunately this will never see light as a sold piece, restrictions and copyright, but as a fan fiction piece...as long as it isn't published that's okay.

Will do.

D

demon

Si it's amazing what you can make out of an old car exhaust silencer just kiding

Looks good love sci fi models but never given it a go wouldn't know what's a good first kit

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Si it's amazing what you can make out of an old car exhaust silencer just kiding
Looks good love sci fi models but never given it a go wouldn't know what's a good first kit
Well, not a car silencer but is actually a beach find...the water holder from a old Bizzel carpet cleaner that had washed up...the wife wasn't happy but hey-ho. The rest is just spares from the bits box.

Glad you like it Roger, still got loads to do.

D

demon

\ said:
Well, not a car silencer but is actually a beach find...the water holder from a old Bizzel carpet cleaner that had washed up...the wife wasn't happy but hey-ho. The rest is just spares from the bits box.
Glad you like it Roger, still got loads to do.
Brilliant it's even better thought it was a kit I'll pull up a chair and watch if that's ok

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Brilliant it's even better thought it was a kit I'll pull up a chair and watch if that's ok
Indeed, most welcome. Only kit parts are the bits from old builds or spares. All planned out and adapted from junk.