F-15C Eagle - Tamiya 1/48

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
F15

That's amazing!

How the hell do you do that?

But for the background I'd have thought it real.

Peter

B

beav1013

that is awesome. one of the best f-15c's i've seen. great job.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I know precious little about modern aircraft but I do know a superbly painted model.

My congrats. on a first class job

Ron

F

Fenlander

Lovely paint job and a great looking kit. Another standard to aspire to ;)

C

Caledonia

Peter, Many thanks, one of the nicest compliments I have had so far.

Beav1013, Many thanks, especially coming from the USA, I have the Tamiya F16C Falcon Block 25/32 on my list of things to do, but am saving it to last is it will be a very involved build, and I want to build up my experience.

Ron, Many thanks, comment appreciated.

Flender, Many thanks, I keep trying to keep up with the competition on the Forum Postings.

For info, for the main camo colours I used Lifecolor Acrylic Matt airbrushed (this is fantastic paint, neither the paint or it's thinner has any smell, and it does not dry quite as quick as Tamiya), you can buy Lifecolor to the exact FS Numbers, I lightened them with 20% white. I applied Microscale 'Micro Gloss' before Decals, and used a Pastel Chalk Sludge to lightly weather the Aircraft. The top coat was from two coats of Humbrol Acrylic Matt Varnish from a rattle can. Hope this is useful. Derek

F

Flying Scottiedog

That is one great looking bird and your detail looks fab well done...Enjoy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi derek fabulous job youve done here, well done! and youve got a mester in it too!! not very often we see planes with pilots in them. once again congrats on a great job , cheers tony

D

dubster72

Brilliant, just brilliant Derek! That's a excellent build & one that I hope to aspire to.

Patrick

F

Fenlander

Thanks also for the paint info, it is sharing like info like paint and colours etc that make "having a go' for beginners to stand a fighting chance of getting results that will keep them in the hobby. I certainly couldn't do it as yet but the info is noted for when I get the confidence to try something like this.

T

T. van Vuuren

Stunning job mate.The aplication of all those warning stenciles must have kept you rater busy ! ;)

Theuns

C

Caledonia

Gents, Thank you all for your very kind comments. Tony I thought the Pilot would add a dash of colour. Graham, I class myself also as very much as a beginner, I forgot to mention that I primed the model with my usual Tamiya Fine Surface Primer - Light Grey.

I am going to give myself a real challenge for my next project, I bought an old Heller 1/72 Junkers Ju 52 and am going to attempt to convert it to the 'Where Eagles Dare' aircraft. I am going to attempt to make my own decals. A significant problem is that the entire surface of the aircraft is corrugated, so filling in a dorsal gun turret, and painting and applying decals will be challenging. Might just by my first disaster. Thanks again Derek

View attachment 21671

View attachment 21672

Ju 52 - 2.jpg

Ju 52 - 1.jpg

B

beav1013

i just saw that movie for the first time the other night, very good. good like getting rid of the ridges, i imagine that will not be fun...

C

Caledonia

\ said:
i just saw that movie for the first time the other night, very good. good like getting rid of the ridges, i imagine that will not be fun...
Hi Beav1013, Have just started the model today, and see that Heller have very thoughtfully included a plug for the Gun Turrent. I might just do an under construction build on this one. Thanks for your interest. Derek

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Derek, if my 1/32 F15 comes out looking half as good as that I'll be over the moon!

Gern

C

Caledonia

Gern, Thanks for your kind comments, I look forward to seeing your model. Derek

N

noble

This is outstanding mate the paint work and the detailing and weathering is beutiful a work of art iam giving you five stars for this.

scott

C

Caledonia

Hi Scott, Many thanks for your kind comments, its a very nice kit to make, highly recommended. Regards Derek