F-15E Dio

P

Polux

This will be great Terry ;)

I like the soil, you can do a excellent weathering on it :smiling3:

PS: just a question....this model is the same as Dave ones, on the SIG, isn't it?

Polux

0ne48thtel

It os Polux yes. I was going to put this idea up before I knew Dave was doing it for the SIG but pulled back from doing so when I knew he was.

P

Polux

Mmmmm.... I'm thinking....the soil is plastic card (ever green) ?

0ne48thtel

Nope! It is wet and dry painted with soft stone dulux paint then cut in to the sections before being stuck down with spraymount. Once I have everything built I will weather it then set everything up to see what it looks like.

First Name
Dave
Nice idea for a dio.Would never have thought of painting wet n dry to make concrete base.Looks good.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I like that idea Terry. Nice tip on the concrete too. Might nick that one day.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Thanks Dave just wish the decals on the a/c had come out as good as yours
Had a bit of trouble with my decals.Which was a surprise as Revell decals are normally excellent.I put a clear gloss coat on the model before decaling.But some of them still Didnt want to settle into the engraved detail even using Microsol and Microset.I put the small stencils on with Klear floor polish which did the trick.Should have used it on all of them.

P

phikoleoputra

Looks awesome, maybe u should change your status not as noobie i think.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks like its going to be a cracking diorama Terry, I will watch and see how you progress with this.

0ne48thtel

Thanks guys. It's great to be doing one again only with an aviation theme as I used to do armour themes.

N

noble

This looks good so far i like the idea, what scale is the f15 it looks around 1/48? Keep up the good work terry.

scott

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking good mate. Like it.

Si:smiling3:

0ne48thtel

Thanks dave they took a bit of time to get the eye shape right and I don't think they look to far of the mark.

0ne48thtel

What I tend to do Dave is when it comes to the eye area paint the white in block over the eye and cheek bone then add the skin tone working up from the cheek the white underneath should lighten the cheek bone. Then carry on until I get to the eye by wich time there is very little paint left on the brush. I then go over the eyebrow and do the same as above. I use a dark tone to start with then gradually get lighter on the features. the same method is applied to uniforms but I then lighten the the last colour and drybrush it on the highest parts