F4U-2 Night Fighter Corsair 1/48 scale Hobby Craft

T

treyzx10r

I feel the urge of the Dark side again and venture down the Nocturnal path with the Allies this time and picked up a bent wing Bird . The kit looks really good at first glance and has various options for the cowls and flaps,nice touch!

No flash and the ejector pin marks are nicely hid away on the backside of the parts. Dry fit looks really tight,nice surprise for a $20 evil bay find!

First Name
Aaron
Fantastic subject, I absolutly love the corsair being partial to the f4u 1a

This is an interesting variant, I have plans for a rnzaf corsair so i watch this with intertest.

Thumbs up lol.

D

dubster72

That looks really good Trey, though the Corsair was supposed to be a pig to fly so I'd hate to try a night landing!

Cheers

Patrick

T

T. van Vuuren

Very nice, will be looking at the build closely.

I am trying to russle up a 1/32 Trumpeter F4U-1d myselff.

Theuns

C

CDW

that looks really tidy Trey .... i'd be tempted to have a go at that myself .. and probably will, as it saw action in Korea.

Keep the progress pictures coming !!!!

T

tecdes

Nice looking aircraft Trey.

Used to hate USA fighters for their looks. But since reading about them & studying them they are really nice looking aircraft.

The use of radial engines as opposed to the Rolls in line gives a fat fuselage which gives that spectacular look.

Got one of these in my stash (vowed never to have a ridiculous stash arrived unnoticed).

Laurie

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice choice trey , i love a corsair . cheers tony

First Name
Michael
Hi Trey, just started a Corsair too,great plane. Hope it's ok to build same plane at same time, total coincidence. I'll be watching yours for inspiration.

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for the support everyone,really motivating to say the least!

I managed to get some zinc and interior green on

The upper parts of the office were interior green while the floor and areas forward of the bulkheads remain zinc on most but all interor green is also a possiblilty

some side panel details but not much else in the kit for the office

The IP had no real detail so I drilled it out and added some instrument faces

From what I can find a lot of the zinc primer in the landing gear bays were painted white in the field,I'll not mask them when I paint the wing bottom white and what ever overspray winds up in there should tone it down and look more authentic. Some Corsair wheel bay areas were a Salmon color but that seems to be a base primer so not sure how many made it to combat units with that not painted over with something else.

First Name
Aaron
Trey that instrument panel looks really good so do the office levers / switches.

Interesting to learn about the zinc interior and salmon primer, I loves free knowledge =)

First Name
Michael
Hi Trey, looking good, was unsure about what colour to do my interior so thanks for the info, my Arii kit looks pretty sweet considering I picked it up for £8 although the instructions are entirely in Japanese hence my confusion with interior colour. Cheers M

T

treyzx10r

Aaron,Michael & Roman thanks! Glad the color reference is helpful,there is much debate about it and some rivet counters will disagree no matter what you scheme you go with.

I scratched up a harness for the pilot and set the engine in. I 'm doing a wash now with some thinned devlan mud and its toning things down nicely .

V

Vajled

yep... very nice and suptile wash... like it

and seat belts are great... how did you made them?

Roman

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great office Trey it's coming along a treat.

Vaughan