Fairey fulmar mk.1

F

Fenlander

That is one nicely painted propeller though lol. Interesting build you have here following on from your cars.

P

Partsguy26

Yeah, the cars were a present so thought they could be a little test to get me back into the modelling scene.

It will be strictly WW2 aircraft from now on. Except for my Smit Houston tug boat.

Richard

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
An hour, no need to rush the job............

P

Partsguy26

I know. I don't tend to rush. Just couldn't believe when I looked at the clock!!!!

Richard

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Look ok to me too richard , i dont envy you doing the canopy though!! cheers tony

M

MrSprue

I bought this kit recently in the Airfix guise, so will be following closely. Re canopies, I purchased Airfix BV 191 recently in Modelzone sale as a quick build and masking the canopy parts is going to take like forever.

P

Partsguy26

I was planning on going freehand with small brush. I have quite a steady hand so should make for some interesting painting.......

Wish me luck

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
With canopies like that, I find 'a little and often' works for me. I couldn't do it all in one go.

P

Partsguy26

Sounds a good plan Colin. Think I may have to give it a go. Slow and steady wins the race eh?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Maybe using tape and doing a few lines at a time might be the way to tackle this. I hate lots of frames on the glazing, doing it free hand make s me go cross eyed and I need to take breaks.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
If it's a temperate European maritime scheme then dark grey and an ocean grey is right, with a lighter grey or sky underside. Usually a sky coloured fuselage band was applied. But that all depends on the theatre in which your model is based, and the stage of the war. Judging from your instruction sheet there this is the Revell kit?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Partsguy26

Yeah it is. Which I believe is no longer in production.

Period of war is the early 1940's mk.1 that began in squadron 806 on the HMS illustrious.

Not sure if I got the colour scheme right :sad: