Falaise gap

N

noble

At a med station just outside of chambois August 18th 1944, Obersoldat Karl kruger has brought his terminally injured brother Otto to the medics in the ain hope something can be done for him. Whilst awaiting the doctor and to ease his passing Karl reads a poem from memory that their father had taught them before enlisting.

Mars has again descened from his throne

To ravage the earth with bloody human strife;

To break away the bonds of peace and love

and send one nation warring with another,

As sparrows combat over a trifling crumb;

To wash the verdant earth with sickening blood

And herald death into a million homes.

The fields are strewn with the reeking, dying men

Filled with the thoughts and hopes of worlds gone mad.

The future? Famine! poverty! and strife!

Wars are made by men who line their itchy pockets with dishonered loot.

God sighs Life goes on

2 days later Karl is killed in action on hill 262 whilst trying to save a wounded enemy soilder of the Polish 1st armoured division.

poem the god of war by Leon adams.

Hi all this is the Tamiya 1/35 sdkfz 251/9, I have converted it into an armoured ambulance, hope you like it and as usual all comments are most welcome be they good or bad.

scott

View attachment 72503

View attachment 72504

View attachment 72505

View attachment 72506

View attachment 72507

View attachment 72508

View attachment 72509

View attachment 72510

View attachment 72511

View attachment 72512

Falaise 1.jpg

Falaise 2.jpg

Falaise 3.jpg

Falaise 4.jpg

Falaise 5.jpg

Falaise 6.jpg

Falaise 7.jpg

Falaise 8.jpg

Falaise 9.jpg

Falaise 10.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very, very good, I like this very much. Wonderful workmanship and detail and real human story added into the mix. Great build from me.

Si:smiling3:

N

noble

Cheers eddie glad you like it, I wanted to try to get across that not all german soilders were Nazis they were just men fighting for their country who were duped by propaganda and lies.

cott

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers eddie glad you like it, I wanted to try to get across that not all german soilders were Nazis they were just men fighting for their country who were duped by propaganda and lies.cott
In that you succeeded Scott, the humanity shows through making it a striking dio IMO.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I do like this and you've give it a lot of feeling love what you have done with that hanomag :smiling3:

Do you scratch build your troops Scott ? I've wanted to do similar things as you've done here but can't find any troops that really give me what I want to do

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another cracking build for your shelf Scott.

Gern

N

noble

Thanks guys very much appreciated. Alan the troops come from dragons medic kit and Karl and Otto come from priesers German spoilers at rest.

Scott

T

tommy1drop

Great to see a dio that not only looks great, but one that tells a story also.

Great work Scott as always buddy, nice work.

Tom

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks guys very much appreciated. Alan the troops come from dragons medic kit and Karl and Otto come from priesers German spoilers at rest.Scott
Thanks Scott I'll set about getting some forth with ,

do the do British medics as well mate ?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic work scott , and a moving back story. Excellent conversion of the Hanomag , great weathering , cheers tony

N

noble

Thanks again chaps I very much appreciate this, this one came about when I was reading some of the WWI poems because armistice day is again nearly here, I was thinking about the old black and white footage of the battle of the somme and decided I wanted to do this as my kind of rememberance piece. Alan I only know of the more modern British medics with the old tamiya land rover ambulance kit, but Iam sure they can be modified to suit your needs.

Scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks again chaps I very much appreciate this, this one came about when I was reading some of the WWI poems because armistice day is again nearly here, I was thinking about the old black and white footage of the battle of the somme and decided I wanted to do this as my kind of rememberance piece. Alan I only know of the more modern British medics with the old tamiya land rover ambulance kit, but Iam sure they can be modified to suit your needs.Scott
Thanks Scott I'll give them a look :smiling3:

First Name
Andy
\ said:
Cheers eddie glad you like it, I wanted to try to get across that not all German soldiers were Nazis they were just men fighting for their country who were duped by propaganda and lies.Scott
Hi Scott,

Brilliant piece of work again Sir, plus, I like the story with it...

It's always the politicians that start the wars, but sadly, it's then left to the common man to finish it...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant stuff, as always Scott.

Story, build, painting and the Diorama.

Top work....

Ron

First Name
Richard
Nice build and lots of details I love the story, it brings a diorama much closer to reality

Cheers Richi

P

Polux

Really, really nice one Scott!!

The colour on the soil and the figures are simply great!

Fantastic. :cool:

Polux

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great dio Scott! the figures and half track look great and the whole thing comes together really naturally.

Well done mate

Paul