Fenlander's 1/350 Revell Bismarck

F

Fenlander

Nice one Graham I'm doing the sister ship but no brass as of yet with mine.

Nice one Ian, be good to see the two 'sisters' being built. They do not need brass, if you wanted to keep it simple, get some photo etch railings.

F

Fenlander

Only hours? You planning some sort of speed build then Graham?
Everything can be measured in hours, this may take the full 8760.... (approximate, I have not taken a leap year into consideration or the slowing down of the universe, global warming or any effect Brexit may have on our UK hours compared to our European friends with their EU regulated hours or anything else that may bend, alter or reverse engineer time as we know it).

D

dubster72

This looks an amazing kit to build Graham. Better you than me, because just looking at the instructions has put me off something of this complexity.
Can't wait to see more

B

Builder

Those are alot of sprues, I love the Bismark I think I might do one myselff, lets see though. Wana see how this one comes along, Good luck Graham mate.

F

Fenlander

This looks an amazing kit to build Graham. Better you than me, because just looking at the instructions has put me off something of this complexity.
Can't wait to see more

As Ian said in post #11 above, it is just one piece at a time:smiling3:

F

Fenlander

Those are alot of sprues, I love the Bismark I think I might do one myselff, lets see though. Wana see how this one comes along, Good luck Graham mate.

Straight from the box Bob, the standard Revell kit, without the brass etc, is still one of the best 1/350 Bismarck kits going. At just over 800 parts, it isn't that bad either for a really well detailed build, and an impressive size when finished.

Thing with ships, or the way I do them, is to treat them as sub builds of lots of little kits that come together at the end. Also think of them as in layers. Each deck is a layer and I try to finish each layer before dropping it on top of the layer below. Take a structured approach and you cannot go wrong.

C

cryton 5

Nicely done Jthats that has set the bar pretty high:smiling3:
Hi
My view its not a comp , we all do our best and thats what count
I learnt patience is the reward , but not too set the. Bar too high for you ,
I look forward too seeing build happy new year ship mates victory now taking all my time x cryton

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

Hi
My view its not a comp , we all do our best and thats what count
I learnt patience is the reward , but not too set the. Bar too high for you ,
I look forward too seeing build happy new year ship mates victory now taking all my time x cryton

No, it's not a competition James, I was just showing my appreciation of how you built yours:smiling3:

First Name
Robert
Ho Graham I am so sorely tempted to build s ship too buil glad I found this thread cause I'll be starting my Tamiya Swordfish very soon and I can sink your Bismarck!! Only kidding
Actually if my history remembers reading didn't the swordfish damage the rudder so she could only go in one direction?
I'll be watching this build closely and wish you all the luck ( watch out fir low flying bi planes!!

Kind regards

Robert

F

Fenlander

Ho Graham I am so sorely tempted to build s ship too buil glad I found this thread cause I'll be starting my Tamiya Swordfish very soon and I can sink your Bismarck!! Only kidding
Actually if my history remembers reading didn't the swordfish damage the rudder so she could only go in one direction?
I'll be watching this build closely and wish you all the luck ( watch out fir low flying bi planes!!

Kind regards

Robert

Achtung! Schwertfisch! :eek:

Yep, the torpedo damaged the rudder making headway only possible in very large circles or by some steering from the left and right propellers which allowed the pack of Royal Navey wolves to close in.

T

Trekkie_John

Now that is what you call a model kit, looks like you've got your work cut out for you Graham. Looking forward to this build.

Have fun, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great project graham , its going to look mighty impressive and it should keep you out of trouble for a week or two!!Looking forward to the build cheers tony