ferrari 250 gto with a challenge

O

omi1966

hello chaps.

here is the completed revell ferrari 250 gto 1/24.

now ive seen a few of these on the forums so i decided to try to get creative, i'm not one for dios but i thought why not!

so my idea was to use as much of the kit as possible IE: kit (doh), spru's, box and odds and ends from the spares box.

so the saying out of the box means box aswell.

the base is made from the flat cardboard side and clued in the corners.

the cobble stones are cut up box and theres over 500 on that little space AHHHHHH! not my brightest moment.

the curb is a piece of polystyrene covered with larger bits of box to try to represent flag stones.

the lamp post is a bit of sprue bent and bits added at the base and top, the actual lamp is clear spru clued together and sanded then some white clue to age it a touch. the round bit at the top is a drive sprocket from a 1/35 tiger tank cut and shaped with some aircraft wheels on the top for deco.

normal hairspray weathering for the rust and some staic grass for effect. pleased how this came out.

hope you enjoy it lads and lasses. this was fun.

anyone up for the challenge id love to see the results.

martin.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice model, well done. On a slightly different note, I saw a 1:1 model of one of these some time ago. It was based on a Datsun 240Z and really looked the part, well to me anyway, Ferrari experts might differ.

O

omi1966

Thanks!

Anyone up for the challenge "go on you know you want too"

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Outstanding model Martin, the car is excellent but the imagination of scratch building is terrific, all blends together to create a very visual effect.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Great dio and use of parts love the car and the paintwork