Fiesler Fi156C Storch 1/48 Tamiya Milestone 100th Release

T

treyzx10r

The next up is this fine kit from Tamiya ,the box art is visually pleasing

The kit looks as good

Features some really nice Photo etch parts,mask for the canopy,decals are complete for 4 versions and a unique molding of the clear side widows to the fuselage halves.

From the looks of it the mold are typical Tamiya quality with no flash or sinks.Another nice part of the kit is that it includes several Jerry cans and oil drums along with Crew and Pilot figures

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi trey, excellent choice mate! ive just done my first ever tamiya aircraft (the mosquito) and im a convert! The general opinion is that this is one of their best , being the 100th release and all, and i think they really pulled out all the stops. The quality is right up there with the 1/32 spitfire. Looking forward to seeing the build , cheers tony

First Name
Dave
I will be following this build as well.Another interesting kit ive had my eye on for some time (along with 50 other kits!).I wish i knew how you post such large size pictures Trey.I will have to sit at the computer for a few hours and work it out,when i can be bothered.No good anyone giving me a load of computer speak as i wont understand!.

R

Richy C

Like Tony I`m not an out and out aircraft man but getting slowly into wingy things , seen this one many times and been drawn to it , will be watching with interest.

Richy

coachman

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Trey, looking forward to this,I have the kit in the cupboard just waiting for confidence levels to rise. The Storch is one of my favourite aircraft,I even have a 1/6 R/C model part built. I bought it like this a few years ago but circumstances

conspired against me,I'll get around to putting it on ebay one day. Got the Tamiya

Kit as I was determined to build one somehow. I'll watch close and hopefully

pick up some tips. Cheers John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I will have to sit at the computer for a few hours and work it out,when i can be bothered.
Trey,like myself,uses an image hosting website to which you upload your pictures (very easy) and then copy a link to that picture (one click) in your post. Scale-models website automatically reproduces the image rather than the link,or address if you like. We are both using photobucket which works for me.

Cheers

Steve

D

dm73

Cheers Steve, i've always wondered how to get bigger piccys, Looking forward to another great build and paint job Trey.

First Name
Dave
Image hosting website.i'll google that sometime and have a look.Thanks Steve.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That looks very nice Trey. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

I'm intrigued by your comment about the windows being moulded to the fuselage. I suppose I can see roughly how it might have been done, but for the life of me, I can't think WHY! What benefit d'you reckon it gives?

Gern

T

treyzx10r

Dave not sure what the thought process was on molding the clear parts to the fuselage,personally I'de rather mask them without being attached. I'm trying to find some indication of interior color so far I'm thinking of going with RLM 02 or 66 this interior looks like 66 to me though. Still on the fence about which version to do as well,leaning toward the Mussolini rescue as it looks like the Rommel one is going to be done to death.

T

treyzx10r

I decided to do F+XL since its just a 1 hour ride for me to see the actual aircraft and get some real good ref pics.

T

treyzx10r

The mill is almost ready to hang on the firewall just need to scratch some wiring bits

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Trey,regarding the interior I went with RLM02 on my little one a while ago. I tried pretty hard to find a definitive answer on the colour but found a lot of evidence for both. I don't know enough about the production schedule to figure out how this worked. It may be related to by who and where an aircraft was built or upgraded. I know this is the case for other types.

I think you'd be in "prove me wrong" territory which ever you go for.

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Steve,Right or wrong I went with rlm66 as the interior on F+XL seems to be just that,for all I know the restorers may not have gotten it correct. I geuss sometimes a leap of faith is the best that can be done. I missed your Storch build did you post it?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It was a 1/72 scale desert "dio".

And the original

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Awesome dio Steve thanks for posting the pic ,I bet masking the canopy was a real treat in that scale lol!

T

treyzx10r

I scratched up the wiring for the engine starting by drilling pilot holes in the heads

then the wires

with the engine ready to hang its off to the office,photo etch goodies in place

and the basics are done just some scratch bits left to detail it up

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Darren

I got the Fuselage halves joined up with the floor the fit is very good thankfully

First Name
Dave
That instrument panel looks like the real thing.I take it the intruments are seperate decals included in the kit?.