Fiesler Fi156C Storch 1/48 Tamiya Milestone 100th Release

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Dave,yes the decals came with the kit

I made some progress on the Canopy and supports,pretty straight forward except I put the pilot seat in too soon making the forward support a little difficult to fit

T

treyzx10r

Wings are on ,now getting ready to preshade

went with the flaps down option

T

treyzx10r

I got the bulk of the painting done ,not too bad if I do say so myself

F

Fenlander

This is coming on very well Trey. I always fancied one of these, in fact I was looking for one at the Hinckley show when I first met Dave (Gern) but never got one. As I have now dropped aircraft from my builds, I will just sit back and enjoy this little beauty come together. It really is a stunning kit and you are doing it real justice.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice to see one in the European Theatre for a change, but I must confess that If I ever get around to one of these little beauties it will be in the Tropic paint.

You have made a great job of that splinter camo!

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Tony appreciate it. Graham thanks, sad to hear you're shelving aircraft hope its only temporary Thanks Ian I had kicked around the tropic scheme but that seemed the route more taken so of course I went the other way;)

I got the decals on,some of the markings may be a little less than accurate but I'm going with whats on the actual aircraft based here in Florida although I did go with a more accurate splinter than whats on it. I build for fun so rivet counting is'nt my thing.

T

treyzx10r

I cleaned up some of the markings , applied a dirt wash of black mixed with some brown. I then gave it a very light dirt bath spray with some pastels thinned with alcohol followed by some dull coat. Getting close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this build

First Name
Mike
Looking really good Trey, can't wait to see those canopy masks come off!

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Trey the build is fantastic your attention to detail is outstanding and the weathering is coming on a treat. As Mike said can't wait to see those masks come off.

Vaughan

T

treyzx10r

thanks again for all the kind words and support the finished build is posted here

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/planes/12882-ffinished-tamiya-1-48-fiesler-fi156c.html