Finally getting around to introduce myself!

Whingeingoldgit

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi, I’m another Andy, and have been meaning to introduce myself for ages. I have been hovering outside for a long time, and although I am a paid-up member, I just kept waiting for a topic that I thought I could add something worthwhile to. My modelling isn’t to a high standard, by the time I get around to the painting stage I have usually forgotten how I did something the last time, and then make a different mistake each time, and then cover up the mistake with copious amounts of ‘weathering’! I am mainly an aircraft builder, but I got back in to modelling, after the usual late ‘teens, early twenties break, when I by chance came across some of the early Games Workshop metal figures (I am a sci-fi fan as well) I stuck with Games Workshop for a while, and my sons and my partner built with me, my youngest son even won a silver award one year, and a bronze the next year, in the Youngblood category at Gamesday. His figure painting was better aged 10 than mine is now!
I got fed up with GW vehicle kits as their price was high but quality and detail wasn’t. I then thought I could by cheaper 1/35 vehicles, and then convert them to fit in with Warhammer 40000. I did this once, then decided to just build them as they were meant to be built! Anyway, I hope this ramble makes up for not introducing myself sooner!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
A belated welcome to the madhouse!!

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELCOME Andy to one of the best forum goin
chrisb

Reactions: JR

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Andy, this is the best one yet. Two years on the side lines, you must have seen something in all that time that piqued your interest ?

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy,
welcome! No modeller built to show standards from the off! Experience, and good advice are on the learning curve, and there's plenty of that on this forum. Changing genres can almost be like starting modelling again. As long as you are enjoying yourself, and happy with the result, then that's a big plus!
Have you anything on the bench at the moment?
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A warm welcome from me Andy .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Andy, welcome and thank goodness your name is another Andy...typing your avatar name would have been a challenge. :smiling6: Whatever you build will get good advice with no pressure of levelling points. Take the constructive criticisms as a learning curve. Post what you have built and improvements if needed will start from there.

Cheers,
Richard

Whingeingoldgit

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks for the (mostly) welcoming messages guys. I would have have introduced myself a long time ago, but I struggle with social interactions, even virtual and on the phone. I also don’t say much, unless I think I have something worth saying, or that might be useful to someone else. I am also hopeless with technology, and a very slow typer, I tend to keep changing what I have written, and the punctuation, until I think it says exactly what I want, so that what I write is clear and can’t be misunderstood. When I can work out how to do it, I will show some of my builds. I have not posted on a forum before, and haven’t got a clue what I am doing, so I hope I don’t offend anyone if things go to the wrong place or person Also, although I have not been joining in with conversations, I am a paid up supporter.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES Come on mate i sometimes have a job on what to say an im not a hundred words a miniute man so dont worry mate just put a couple of lines of your opinion an you will slowy get use to talkin on here an dont worry about if you dont have a lot to say as i havnt either at time so come on an enjoy takin part with us all an you wont offend us an dont worry about fancy punutiations see i cant spell it lol the main thing here is come on an enjoy yourself
chrisb

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Greetings mate - I don't think a couple of posts really qualifies you as a whingey old git though!
Steve
Ah So...that's what it means...thanks Steve. You sure know coding. :thumb2:
Thanks for the (mostly) welcoming messages guys. I would have have introduced myself a long time ago, but I struggle with social interactions, even virtual and on the phone. I also don’t say much, unless I think I have something worth saying, or that might be useful to someone else. I am also hopeless with technology, and a very slow typer, I tend to keep changing what I have written, and the punctuation, until I think it says exactly what I want, so that what I write is clear and can’t be misunderstood. When I can work out how to do it, I will show some of my builds. I have not posted on a forum before, and haven’t got a clue what I am doing, so I hope I don’t offend anyone if things go to the wrong place or person Also, although I have not been joining in with conversations, I am a paid up supporter.
Andy, just get in and enjoy yourself. I'm a bit of a quiet man myself around SWMBO "she who must be obeyed" I stammer so typing is a lot more fluid for me. I guess my building suffers the same with intermittent stoppages. :smiling2: You'll get used to the workings of the forum the more you join in the conversation.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Better late than never......glad you decided to join in the fun! What sort of wingy things do you like and do you like a particular scale or just bounce around? Keep an eye out for Matron.... she's always looking for fresh meat to practice her "jab"