Finished Fujimi Williams FW16 1/20 Ayrton Senna Imola

M

munkster

Not perfect by *any* means, and I've decided that the yellow rim decals can wait, I may never even do them, if I hadn't mentioned it I'm sure most people wouldn't have remembered them anyway! As often seems to be the case the photos mask (and in some cases accentuate!) a minority of sins but generally happy with it. Thought I'd take come pics in natural light but it's quite gloomy today anyway so not much better than under lights to be honest. I have done a haphazard "under construction" thread too if you wanted to see it in progress.

Hope you like it! Back to military aircraft for me now I think though, I've "done" an F1 model finally so I can put that one to bed :smiling:

View attachment 34919View attachment 34929View attachment 34928View attachment 34927View attachment 34926View attachment 34925View attachment 34924View attachment 34923View attachment 34922View attachment 34921View attachment 34920View attachment 34918View attachment 34930

View attachment 39394

View attachment 39395

View attachment 39396

View attachment 39397

View attachment 39398

View attachment 39399

View attachment 39400

View attachment 39401

View attachment 39402

View attachment 39403

View attachment 39404

View attachment 39405

View attachment 39406

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Z

zooks

Nice job,

I have never made a fujimi kit. It looks like it went together realy well.

C

CDW

Rob ...even if "not perfect" i think that the model, depicting the right model, year and venue, is a fitting tribute to one of the greatest F1 drivers.

Nice job.

R

Richy C

Very nice Rob , from the photos it looks fantastic

great work mate

Richy

M

munkster

Too kind, too kind. Richy how's the Brabham coming along? I keep checking to see if there's any progress!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks good to me Rob. A job well done. I have been following the build and it looks like you have had a bit of fun along the way.

Nice result!

I might have to get one of these things and give it a bash. Only problem is I am more into proper Grand Prix cars and not these new fangled F1 thingies lol.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks wonderful! If it wasn't on the window sill you'd think it was the real thing and you can't do better than that with a scale model.

I've never had a go at one of these and having seen yours I won't be starting anytime soon :smiling5:

Cheers

Steve

R

Richy C

Hi Rob , I`m not being kind I`m being honest mate , as for the brabham its coming along nicely but slowly , as we talk/post I`m doing a bit on it now , might put up a thread post some pictures this afternoon

Cheers

Richy

C

CDW

As Richard says above ... Not too kind .......just no bull.....credit where credits due on a great build mate.

M

munkster

Thanks all!

ps - "Too kind, too kind" is just a figure of speech of course! I am *highly* grateful of the positive comments and since I still consider myself a n00b it's the comments and encouragement that spur me on to do even better next time :smiling:

M

modelmaker

You should be very proud of your efforts, and a very significant car as well as a very fitting tribute to the second greatest F1 driver !

Sean

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Rob

A very nice build 5* from me.

Vaughan

M

munkster

Why the great Sir Jack Brabham of course!
Hehe, given your "Location" I did expect that but wondered whether a nod to Mark Webber might've been coming, or even Alan Jones! :-D

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
hi there Rob ... am not a big fan of motor racing by any stretch of the imagination but I do appreciate a well put together and finished model ... super looking job ...rgds Lindsey

C

CDW

\ said:
Hehe, given your "Location" I did expect that but wondered whether a nod to Mark Webber might've been coming, or even Alan Jones! :-D
I'm so glad he didn't say it was that Mike Shoe-maker blokey Rob ..... i'd have cringed :smiling3: :smiling3:

M

modelmaker

\ said:
LOL noo honestly nothing whatsoever to do with being an Aussie!! I like the man for what he achieved during his carrier and especially the cars him self and Ron Tauranac built!

And I think nothing of Mark Webber or Alan Jones.

Sean

Last edited: