Finished Hasegawa Jaguar T Mk2

S

spongtastic

Finally (almost) finished this after nearly a year and have learnt quite a few things

1. New Klear Works

2. Don't try to water down Microscale Crystal Clear as it won't set properly

3. Promodellers washes work really well but don't shake them too much

4. Nowhere is safe from dog hair in our house

5. I need some finer brushes

6. Painiting takes 10x longer than I remember as a kid

7. I now know why I started to use aftermarket decals about 20 years ago

8. At this rate I'll be very old by the time I've built all the other kits I've managed to accumulate!

Next up is a Hasegawa F9-F2 Panther with Eduard PE, resin ejector seat and aftermarket decals - a christmas ebay bargain at less than £5.

M

mobear

very nice job on the jaguar worthy of 5*s m thinks,more pics would be nice though

mobear

C

Caledonia

As ole says a few more pics would be nice, but what you have shown looks top notch. Derek

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks very nice. It's obviously well built and your paint finish is good too.

I'm also loving your list of "things I learnt". If it's any consolation we don't have any pets and I still get what look suspiciously like dog/cat hairs in my varnish.

I expect there are a few members who won't build their stashes if they live to be 120!

I predominantly use an airbrush so,for me,it's the masking that takes 10 times as long as it should do :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work spongtastic. The Jaguar looks elegant from most angles, your paint work has brought it to life. Painting as a youngster for me was slapping on one or two colours in a day after a day of building. Doing it properly takes much longer, unless your name is Mark or Roman in which case you only have to think of it as finished and it is done :cheesygrin:

S

spongtastic

Thanks for all the positive comments, I can see lots of areas in on the kit that I'd do differently 2nd time around but I guess that goes for everbody.

Decided against the Panther in the end and have gone for a Xtrakit Mk22 Spitfire that I picked up from Hannants. Pics comng for that, interior went ok but the fuselage and wing fit is shocking.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
\ said:
Great looking Jag,would love to see more pics!
As Trey says more pictures please. Great build and finish by the way.

S

spongtastic

More pics as requested, only phone pics on white paper so nowhere near others standard of presentation!

M

mobear

glad to say that this is awesome,and thnx for the other pics,cockpit is good and the overall paint job is amazing

mobear

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Really nice Jaguar, thanks for the extra pictures. White paper, I use that too.