Finished-Revell 1/48 Spitfire mk9c

First Name
Dave
The wife gave me this kit last christmas.The last spitfire I built was over 20 years ago.So I thought it was about time I did another.

I painted it With Vallejo medium sea grey undersides, Vallejo dark green and Revell acrylic ocean grey upper surfaces.First time Ive used Revell acrylics and I'm quit impressed.The paint is very thick,so will go a long way.I thinned it with tap water and sprayed it through a 0.5 nozzle.The pots they come in are a bit odd though.I then gave it a bit of a wash with Florymodels dark dirt.Although I didn't overdo it like I usually do.I added some exhaust staining with ground pastel.Hard to see in the photos.Again,I didn't want to over do it.Some of the reviews I have read reckon the fuselage is too short.On it own I think it looks fine.Im currently building an Airfix mk1.I compared fuselages and this one is Definately shorter aft of the wing trailing edge.Never mind. I'm happy with it.Im off work with Bronchitis and its been a real struggle to finish it.The pilots mirror and pitot pinged out of my tweezers into the darkest recesses of my shed!.Rivetcounter glasses need to be off when viewing this one.I messed up the fuselage code decals,so used the others on the decal sheet for a 308 sqdn mk16!!!

M

mobear

thats a beauty,really very nice paint job worthy winner of 5*s from me

mobear

D

Danny

Love it Dave...paint job perfection in my eyes...5 stars and a mars bar..

Danny

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely job there. I don't know why but I never tire of looking at Spitfires. It just goes to show what you can achieve with paint thinned with tap water as well! Great finish and just the right amount of weathering.

J

Jim Scott

Top marks Dave, that's the way to do it, and that's the way I wish I could do it, 5* from me great job.

Jim

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Can never have to many Spitfires!!!

That is a very nice result and one I would be happy with! As for the pilots mirror, I think I have more with out than I do with. So no comment from me on that front, LOL.

Nice one Dave, five more stars from me as well.

Ian M

PS I have moved this to the section for completed aircraft, as it had landed in the SIG section. ;)

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Can never have to many Spitfires!!!That is a very nice result and one I would be happy with! As for the pilots mirror, I think I have more with out than I do with. So no comment from me on that front, LOL.

Nice one Dave, five more stars from me as well.

Ian M

PS I have moved this to the section for completed aircraft, as it had landed in the SIG section. ;)
Sorry about that.Thought I'd put it in completed aircraft section.Must have put it in completed SIG instead.While I'm here,thanks to everyone for your kind comments.

T

treyzx10r

Sweet looking Spit Dave,never been a rivet counter myself so the codes look fine by me. The finish is really sharp and subtle weathering is nice too. 5 stars from me,very nicely done Sir!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
As Ian said Dave, one can never have too many Spitfires. Super work, she looks great, a nice companion to your early Spitfire.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
As Ian said Dave, one can never have too many Spitfires. Super work, she looks great, a nice companion to your early Spitfire.
Thanks Joe.Got the Airfix mk12 on the go now.Thats three spits in a row.Must have spitfireitis!.