Finished Sukhoi SU-50 - 1.72 Zvezda

C

Caledonia

Hi All, some photos of my latest efforts. This was built in the 'Under Construction' section so most details are their. A nice little kit, the only problem was around the main wheel bay/engine intake, but thats normal for Jet Aircraft kits. Decals were very nice to install thin but strong. Zvezda have come a long way since the last kit I bought. Highly recommended for any of you Russian Aviation enthusiasts out their. Cheers Derek

View attachment 32729

View attachment 32730

View attachment 32731

View attachment 32732

View attachment 32733

View attachment 32734

View attachment 32735

View attachment 32736

View attachment 32737

View attachment 32738

View attachment 32739

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

F3.jpg

F4.jpg

F5.jpg

F6.jpg

F7.jpg

F8.jpg

F9.jpg

F10.jpg

F11.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice too Derek. I've also found Zvezda kits are getting better and are cheaper than most others too.

I do like the colour scheme, unusual and very well painted.

I must have a go at a modern fighter jet......

Ron

C

Caledonia

Thanks Ron, I deviated slightly from the colours on the instructions and copied a photo on the airliners.net website, see below. look forward to seeing your first jet. Cheers Derek

Photos: Sukhoi T-50 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would not have guessed that was a 1/72 scale. Very clean and tidy build with an excellent paint job.

Five stars worth there if there ever was!

Ian M

P.S. Ron, what about that f-15 you have for the SIG? that's a jet and quite modern.... I'll get my coat.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice Derek, real nice!

I like the Russian modern jets - the paint schemes are really interesting and your rendition of them is fabulous.

Great work

Paul

T

treyzx10r

Derek very nicely done! Really like the cammo and the exhausts

C

Caledonia

Hi Paul/Trey, many thanks for your kind comments, I do like the look of the newer Sukhoi's, I think they are so graceful. Cheers Derek

M

munkster

I'll reciprocate the love I think after your kind words about my Eagle(!) Those planes look truly lovely - nice one. Am now very tempted by that Su-50. I don't suppose you've built the Academy 1/72 Mig 23 Flogger have you being a Russian/presumably Soviet fan? I'm not overly impressed with the mouldings in the box and wondered how it built up if you know?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great result Derek,

Not a manufacturer I'm familiar with but might be worth a look. The camo' scheme alone has to make it a worth while addition to any collection.

Regards

Colin M.....

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Terrific job on the Sukhoi. I don't know much about aircraft powered by giant hair dryers but that one's a corker!

Cheers

Steve

C

Caledonia

\ said:
I'll reciprocate the love I think after your kind words about my Eagle(!) Those planes look truly lovely - nice one. Am now very tempted by that Su-50. I don't suppose you've built the Academy 1/72 Mig 23 Flogger have you being a Russian/presumably Soviet fan? I'm not overly impressed with the mouldings in the box and wondered how it built up if you know?
Some of the old Academy can indeed be poor. Unfortunately I have not made the MIG 23 Flogger, the only MIG I have made is the Trumpeter 1/32 MIG 29M which you can see under Aircraft Pictures here is the link http://www.scale-models.co.uk/aircraft-pictures/9927-mig-29m-1-32-trumpeter.html over all it was a nice kit, but the starbourd wing joint was a pain.

Colin/Stona, thanks for your kind comments, much appreciated. Cheers Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi derek, fantastic work! The camo really suits the aircraft and its a superb build youve done . 5 from me , cheers tony

C

Caledonia

Hi Tony, many thanks mate, much appreciated. Cheers Derek

P

ping-pong

that is one brilliant fighter and such a great build. thanks for the link. i think ill have to look into getting one of those. my best friend has the trumpeter 1/32 flanker G. i want one of those...it is enormous. also have a trump 1/32 super tomcat to do. i like them big lol

cheers

si

Last edited: