Finished Tornado ADV - 1/48 Hobby Boss

C

Caledonia

Hi all, attached below is my latest modelling effort, its OOB except for the Pilots which came with my Royal Navy Phantom but which you had not to use - confused, so was I.

Hope you like the Tornado. Can't post these without a special thank you to Allyne (flounder-al) for his invaluable support based on his working on Tornados - thanks Allyne

Cheers Derek

View attachment 26592

View attachment 26593

View attachment 26594

View attachment 26595

View attachment 26596

View attachment 26597

View attachment 26598

View attachment 26599

View attachment 26600

View attachment 26601

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

T

treyzx10r

Derek nicely done ,especially the reverse thruster scorching ! 5stars from me

F

Fenlander

Absolutely stunning work Derek, without doubt a full 5* jobbie. The detail you have added with the superb paint and weathering job has truly brought this to life, outstanding. All the pics are great but I love the view down into the cockpit, number 4, and that seriously gorgeous back end in the third from last. Certainly another one to be proud of.

C

Caledonia

5 Star thanks guys.

Trey, the scortching was hand painted (not very good at hand painting) I used Tamiya Titanium Silver X-32 all over, gave is a coat of Micro Gloss; masked off and then painted Titanium Gold. X-31 Then used Citadel Asurmen Blue wash. Cheers Derek

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Derek! I didnt think I would say it but you have out done yourself! That is a beautiful job. Everything about it just screams master class. The build the detail and last but not least the paint.

If I could give you 6 stars you would get them with a smile. Sorry but you will have to make do with 5!!!

Well done That man. Sooooooooooooo whats next then?

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a beauty Derek. ***** from me too.

Gern

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I can't say more really. That is a beauty,very well done.

Cheers

Steve

G

Gomer Pyle

Great looking bird, Derek! Very nice weathering indeed.

/Daniel

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent Tornado Derek - the cockpit and weathering are outstanding.

5 stars from me too.

Cheers

Paul

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks fantastic Derek. Well chuffed for you.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
To quote the Front Page Daily Mirror after Dunkirk in 1940...'Bloody Marvellous'

Nice one Derek, big 5 from me too!

Ron

C

Caledonia

Thanks lads, only problem is I don't know where to store all those stars you have so generously given me. I appreciate all of your comments, especially as they come from some master modellers. Thanks again. Cheers Derek

p.s. Ian M have just posted my next project in 'Under Construction'

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi derek , not been on much recently so missed this til now, what a superb job youve made as always, excellent weathering on the fin and reverse thrust buckets. looking forward to the next one, cheers tony

C

Caledonia

Hi Tony, been missing your models lately, what are you working on just now. Knowing you the first half dozen will do. I appreciate your comments very much. Cheers Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi derek, ive not been doing any modelling for ages, My dad recently passed away so ive not been in the shed at all for a couple of months. The thing thats in progress at the mo is the 1/48 yak 1 and lily litvyak figure for the GB, ive still got another 6 weeks so i might get it done in time!!After that i think i might start my 1/32 wedell williams 1930's racer and put with it a figure of the fascinating but eccentric col. roscoe turner complete with pet lion cub ( google it - he was madder than a box of frogs!!) and no doubt ill have a few others on the go at the same time , after all ive got a varied stash to choose from! cheers mate tony

C

Caledonia

Hi Tony, very sorry to hear about your dad, please accept my deepest sympathies. Glad to see you are back on the modelling trail, its a great way to escape from the real world for a few hours. Keep your pecker up mate. Cheers Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks derek , much appreciated. cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I've only just caught up with this build and have to say the level of realism (is that really a word?) is incredible. You've bought a difficult colour right to life. One to be proud of.

Regards

Colin M........

C

Caledonia

Hi Colin, glad you like it. It was a funny kit, superb wings, then they leave an ugly hole where the HUD lense should be, also they didn't supply enough Decals, plus a few other niggles. Cheers Derek