First completed model in 25 years and 70 hours. Hasegawa Nissan Bluebird 1/24.

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Hi all,

As promised here are some images of my first completed model in 25 years. For a relatively simple curb side kit it took me 70 hours - don't know if that is normal or not.

I tried new techniques including air brushing, scribing and highlighting panel lines, using embossing powder for carpets, moving the mirrors from the front wings to the doors, deleting the sill trims and rear panel trim panel and printing my own decals. It is a facsimile of my first car in South Africa and overall I am pleased with the results. The windows and trims are a mess and I had trouble with the instrument decals.

Any comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

Hopefully my next build, Tamiya Mazda Eunos/MX5/Roadster will be better.;)DATSUN 1.jpgDATSUN 2.jpgDATSUN 3.jpgDATSUN 4.jpgDATSUN 5.jpgDATSUN 9.jpg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's very good indeed, especially for your first time back after 25 years!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow if that's your first build in 25 years bring on the next !
The Committee at Race Towers have awarded you.
download THE DOGS.jpg

Congratulations Stefan .

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Thanks John,
The kind award explains why I started walking with a limp and had a desire to chase a rubber ball.
As an aside, as we are both visually challenged, I didn't realise how difficult it would be to make sure the hairy stick and small glue applications actually ended up in the right places.

• Love
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks John,
The kind award explains why I started walking with a limp and had a desire to chase a rubber ball.
As an aside, as we are both visually challenged, I didn't realise how difficult it would be to make sure the hairy stick and small glue applications actually ended up in the right places.
Indeed it is Steve's, it's taken some year to over come perception of depth using one eye. Was both frustrating and fun at times missing what I was trying to paint or glue.I've had my moments I can tell you ! :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Fantastic Job Stefan!!! I haven't seen a Datsun for years and your's is so excellent. What a flashback and such a great build too Sir!!!...

Prost
Allen

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
To everyone who has responded may I say a heartfelt thank you. Being away from the hobby for so long and newly retired I primarily build for my own enjoyment but to have fellow enthusiasts like yourselves validate my attempts just encourages me to plough on and learn.
I have been a member of various hifi forums in the past which I left due to the vitriol and general denigration of some posts made, however this forum and its members thus far have been absolute ladies and gents - we should be proud of what we have.

Thanks

Stefan

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
.... this forum and its members thus far have been absolute ladies and gents - we should be proud of what we have.
We are all very proud of the friendly, polite, helpful behaviour of the members on this forum. We have great members and good moderators.
It's nice when a new member appreciates that. Thanks Stefan.

nickedw

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
That’s brilliant. As said already, the wheel trims are dead on.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi stefan only just caught this one , great job and your first in 25 years ! Looking forward to the mazda , cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
25 years and 70 hours seems remarkably precise. Did you have some sort of clocking-in device to record all the times you spent on it? :tongue-out2:

PS And I thought I was slow!

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
25 years and 70 hours seems remarkably precise. Did you have some sort of clocking-in device to record all the times you spent on it? :tongue-out2:

PS And I thought I was slow!
I am anal regarding time spent on my projects, you ought to see my spreadsheets!!!