For flock sake ;-)

M

Mark P

I have seen on youtube that most use enamel flat black before applying flocking, I have tried acrylic's and pva as I don't want to use an enamel paint but it looks terrible! Does anyone know of a different liquid that you can use that doesn't need cleaning with spirit?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is a 1/144 scale I did flying above just above the ground, the grassing is all applied with a base coat of PVA and then sprinkled on. For larger scale dios I then wait until dry and then blob some PVA and clump the grass.

You should be okay with PVA so not sure why you're having issues. 

DSCF1723.JPG

DSCF1722.JPG

DSCF3679.JPG

DSCF3000.JPG

DSCF1867.JPG

P9077825.JPG

D

dubster72

This is a 1/144 scale I did flying above just above the ground, the grassing is all applied with a base coat of PVA and then sprinkled on. For larger scale dios I then wait until dry and then blob some PVA and clump the grass.

You should be okay with PVA so not sure why you're having issues. 

View attachment 260604

View attachment 260605

View attachment 260606

View attachment 260607

View attachment 260608

View attachment 260609

I think Mark is referring to the flocking for car interiors Si.

But if an enamel base provides the best finish, why not use that? It's not as smelly as most would have it.

Failing that, how about going over a coat of acrylic with a gloss varnish? Leave it for 48 hours for a hard, smooth surface.

M

Mark P

I think Mark is referring to the flocking for car interiors Si.

But if an enamel base provides the best finish, why not use that? It's not as smelly as most would have it.

Failing that, how about going over a coat of acrylic with a gloss varnish? Leave it for 48 hours for a hard, smooth surface.

Yes its for car interiors Patrick, how heavy do you lay on your pva Si?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Mark,just use a mix of 50/50 water ,PVA,glue,paint it on,so ,what ever it is, is covered ,then shake the flock on,

so it is covered and looks even,don,t worry if you use to much,,you can shake it off later on,