Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
One careful owner low mileage needs (some) work

View attachment 79430

View attachment 79431

View attachment 79432

I bought this kit a few weeks ago and wanted to do a good job on it but unfortunately the body had a rather nasty twist in it so I decided to put it in a little hot water for a few seconds but the phone rang and it was unrecoverable so I decided to build a rusty wreck instead :smiling3:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Alan 007 and Q would not be happy with you but I like it great looking dio well done :smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
On the registration documents the owner is a Mr J. Bond!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys this was enormous fun and a change from my recent builds :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like it mate, the patchwork paintwork looks superb, just like the lacquer has peeled, the metal work damage around the wings is a nice touch too. Did you use the boiling water method for the tyres?

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers mate I appreciate it , er no I heated one of the wife's baking tray and heated it then pressed them onto it only thing is some of the plastic got stuck to it and when I cleaned it I took the top coating off so now I'm a dead man walking lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers mate I appreciate it , er no I heated one of the wife's baking tray and heated it then pressed them onto it only thing is some of the plastic got stuck to it and when I cleaned it I took the top coating off so now I'm a dead man walking lol
LOL, silly sod...first rule of modelling is never to use the wife's cooking implements, even when the temptation burns through you...you will die, even if you manage to salvage the item, she will know.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
LOL, silly sod...first rule of modelling is never to use the wife's cooking implements, even when the temptation burns through you...you will die, even if you manage to salvage the item, she will know.Si:smiling3:
Thanks for pointing that out mate :smiling3:

I have until Saturday to replace it so I'll be hiding it from her lol

W

Willi262

I think I read a story where they found a Bond car in a barn that kinda looked like this one....

D

Deleted member 3568

That's a great idea and looks really realistic you could have added insult to injury and had a little dog cooking its leg up against it. Poor car

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I think I read a story where they found a Bond car in a barn that kinda looked like this one....
Well I do know that they had a few DB5s for goldfinger so it's possible Steve

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Well thats certently shaken but not stirred but a good use of somthing unrecoverable nice pockets of rust on it

i must try some time.

Peter t

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice job Alan. One careful owner, used to go to the shops once a week and to church on Sundays. Unfortunately the other owners were not so careful.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That's a great idea and looks really realistic you could have added insult to injury and had a little dog cooking its leg up against it. Poor car
Sorry I missed your post yesterday , very funny that would have toped it off :smiling3: