Friul/metal tracks

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve,
I've not come accross any 1/35 kits with metal tracks which doesn't surprise me as the retail cost would be huge, it would be more likely in 1/72 or 1/76 in my opinion.
regards Jim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Do any plastic (not resin/metal) kit manufacturers include metal tracks in their kits please??
They do, but not in the way you’re thinking :smiling3: Some 1/72 scale kits come with photoetched tracks that you usually need to fold together, for example fold the outer quarter on both sides inward to create the inner surface of the track.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Thanks Jim and Jakko. I appreciate the feedback. I think someone is missing a trick some where because I would certainly target kits with metal tracks over a plastic/rubber set any day of the week.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve got a feeling that for most modellers, metal tracks on a 1/72 or 1/76 scale vehicle wouldn’t be something they’d spend extra money for. (To which I must add that I’ve never spent money on metal tracks in any other scale either :smiling3:) On top of that, separate links in metal would be very difficult to build for most models, and the pins would almost by necessity be a good deal overscale. All in all, I’m not convinced it would add value to a kit.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Crossed wires I think Jakko. I was referring to 1 35 kits:thumb2: