Full size Mandolorian suit

First Name
Adrian
Yup I'm that sad guy :smiling3: , I'm in the process of printing a full size Heavy Mandolorian costume for me to wear to Events.
So far I'm about 1/4 way through printing all the parts, then the fun of sanding and smoothing begins. All in all I reckon around 12 months to print, sand, paint and fit it all to a correctly made flight suit.

Think I should put my progress up under Miscellaneous section?

Adrian

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I'd certainly like to see your progress, really enjoyed the series.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Yup I'm that sad guy :smiling3: , I'm in the process of printing a full size Heavy Mandolorian costume for me to wear to Events.
So far I'm about 1/4 way through printing all the parts, then the fun of sanding and smoothing begins. All in all I reckon around 12 months to print, sand, paint and fit it all to a correctly made flight suit.

Adrian
Definitely!
what FDM printer do you have?

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
We have CR10s at work. I'm very impressed with them, especially at the price. I have an ultimaker S5, which was a retirement/redundancy gift from my previous job( I couldn't afford it myself...)and I have just bought an Elegoo mars 2 pro resin printer.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris

Adrian
oh yes indeed, I built a set of Stormtrooper armour a few years ago and wore it for a couple of 'Comic Cons' then eventually sold it..

First Name
Adrian
When are we going to see some pictures Adrian? Excited to see how it's going!
I know I've been swamped with resin printing, have managed to get one more section of the gun done though :smiling3:
I've got a small part printing over night whilst at work, then the last part will have to go on my bigger printer and leave it for 4 days!!!
The first pic took 3 days to print, and the last pic is what I have to look forward to :smiling3: Those boxes at the rear I need to print 23 of those :smiling3:

Attachments

• DSC_4317.JPG
    DSC_4317.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_4460.JPG
    DSC_4460.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 7
  • received_491589899292029 (1).jpeg
    received_491589899292029 (1).jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 7
First Name
Adrian
Oh I forgot I started the left shin guards as well, and to confuse me I stuck my right trainer next to it for sizing lol
I can't recall posting the pic of what I'm trying to achieve so here's a photo of the parts I'm having to printing :smiling3:

Attachments

• DSC_4318.JPG
    DSC_4318.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20220408-210008.png
    Screenshot_20220408-210008.png
    207.5 KB · Views: 7

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a really ambitious project Ade. Looking forward to see it progress.

PS. Just in case you hadn't spotted it - the Mandalorian didn't wear trainers! :smiling3: You're going to have to fabricate his boots somehow. Is your resin strong enough or will you need to start with 'proper' boots and add bits?

First Name
Adrian
That's a really ambitious project Ade. Looking forward to see it progress.

PS. Just in case you hadn't spotted it - the Mandalorian didn't wear trainers! :smiling3: You're going to have to fabricate his boots somehow. Is your resin strong enough or will you need to start with 'proper' boots and add bits?
LOL yeah trainers would ruin the whole look, I'm ordering some Sketcher boots and have the toe tips to print for the front