Garden this morning

D

Deleted member 6559

Beautiful John, a real oasis - there's obviously a lot of work gone into that.

First Name
Wouter
Looking good, even we these temps...My broad bean plants are suffering, even though I give them water morning and evening...

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
All looking splendid John. And no sign of black spot on that rose !
Is that a Rhino Greenhouse ?

D

Deleted member 7181

Lovely John.

I'm not much of a gardener myself but do appreciate a well kept one

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Beautiful. A great deal of love and hard work has gone into that. A haven to sit in quietly with a good book and a cold beer.
Jim

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looking very nice John. The thunderstorm flattened my outdoor tomatoes, and I'd left the greenhouse door open, so it's flooded!
Pete

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Beautiful John, a real oasis - there's obviously a lot of work gone into that.
Thanks Peter
Yes taken 48 years with changes to end up with this

Looking good, even we these temps...My broad bean plants are suffering, even though I give them water morning and evening...
Wouter cheers.
Taken a lot of watering as you know, but still the sweet peas have had a terrible year.
All looking splendid John. And no sign of black spot on that rose !
Is that a Rhino Greenhouse ?
Hi Colin unfortunately there is a little, yes a Rhino so glad we bought it. Absolutely the best ,it's about 15 years old, just had to replace the auto vent pistons this year. Went on Evil bay, 2 pistons for the price of one vent every where else complete.The mechanisms were perfect.
Lovely John.

I'm not much of a gardener myself but do appreciate a well kept one
Arh Andy thank you.

Hi John
Beautiful. A great deal of love and hard work has gone into that. A haven to sit in quietly with a good book and a cold beer.
Jim
Thanks Jim, I like to sit at the top in the shade, we face south so good sun most of the day
Looking very nice John. The thunderstorm flattened my outdoor tomatoes, and I'd left the greenhouse door open, so it's flooded!
Pete
Thanks , didn't hear a thing here. Tom's in the green house not the best this year. We have to leave our greenhouse door open to stop birds flying into it. Two killed this year, unfortunately in leaving the door open Mrs Black Bird goes into the greenhouse and throws any seedling left in trays on the floor all over the place, while searching for grubs. Hope you've not lost anything.
John,
Looks very nice mate
Cheers Paul .

Thanks gents.
John.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Thanks , didn't hear a thing here. Tom's in the green house not the best this year. We have to leave our greenhouse door open to stop birds flying into it. Two killed this year, unfortunately in leaving the door open Mrs Black Bird goes into the greenhouse and throws any seedling left in trays on the floor all over the place, while searching for grubs. Hope you've not lost anything.
It's a concrete base, so the flood is not really a problem, just messy. We didn't actually lose anything, but there are a few rooted cuttings of catmint (our cat destroys them in the gardern, so I like to keep some cuttings going) that the neighbours' cat had thrown about. Ours is too lazy to jump up on the staging, but we've seen next door's cat in there a few times.
We used to have one of those magnetic mesh curtains to keep the blackbirds (and cats) out, but haven't bothered this year.
Pete

First Name
Wouter
Wouter cheers.
Taken a lot of watering as you know, but still the sweet peas have had a terrible year.

Thanks gents.
John.
Those did quite alright luckily in my yard...only setback was that the jackdaws were quite cocky and easily ate half of them before I could harvast...Perks of nature ey LOL

Cheers

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Looking lovely John, lots of colour:smiling4: I spent Saturday morning dead heading geraniums and pottering about in the garden , you can’t beat it:thumb2:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A little Black Spot, I could show a few pictures that would curl your toes. Although, I have read glossy leaves are a bit more resistant.
yes a Rhino
We bought one about 6 years ago. As you know, a touch on the pricey side, but very good. Those one piece glass panes for the sides were a new on me.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Hi Colin unfortunately there is a little, yes a Rhino so glad we bought it. Absolutely the best ,it's about 15 years old, just had to replace the auto vent pistons this year. Went on Evil bay, 2 pistons for the price of one vent every where else complete.The mechanisms were perfect.
Don't they have a 25 year warranty John?
Pete

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don't they have a 25 year warranty John?
Pete
Morning Pete, the green house has a warranty, but not the third party items.
Just spent the last hr watering baskets , tubs, and green house .
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A little Black Spot, I could show a few pictures that would curl your toes. Although, I have read glossy leaves are a bit more resistant.

We bought one about 6 years ago. As you know, a touch on the pricey side, but very good. Those one piece glass panes for the sides were a new on me.
Hi Colin, we had a much smaller aluminum model with normal horticultural glass but when the grand children arrived decided it was time to upgrade.Went a bit mad price wise but , as they offered the safety glass and those big sheets were a dream to fit with the rubber glazing. Never had any regrets apart from the fact we should have gone for double doors and bigger .:hungry:.
More black spot , result of not having coal fires ! That's what I read recently.
John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Those did quite alright luckily in my yard...only setback was that the jackdaws were quite cocky and easily ate half of them before I could harvast...Perks of nature ey LOL

Cheers
Wouter that's the only bird I hate, bloody things .

Looking lovely John, lots of colour:smiling4: I spent Saturday morning dead heading geraniums and pottering about in the garden , you can’t beat it:thumb2:
Thanks Si, thought you as a fellow gardener would appreciate , although you have seen photos before ..
The pottering bit is great, Christine spends an hour each morning doing the same, I spend the same amount of time watering !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What a riot of colour JR, very nice indeed.
Thanks Mick .
So glad to read I'm not the only one...they chase away all the other smaller birds...yuk. Although a family of Swifts make noise against them and fight back :smiling2:

Cheers
Wouter we went to a large garden center near here that has a remote controlled roof , so the plants are kept in a safe environment. It also has a group of resident birds. There was such clucking when a man came in with a dog on a lead .A male Robin followed the dog for about 30 mtrs, and even waited with it's mate until the dog came out of a shop. At which point the Robin again took up a defensively clucking until the dog left ..
We have Magpies in the gardens near here, unfortunately our neighbour thinks they are ok and will not accept that they kill smaller birds and raid nests.