Garden this morning

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I like that garden a lot John. Vibrant and full. One day hopefully ours will get close.
Battling against the heat and dryness here as well.
(After two days of constant rain, I thought I could plant some Hydrangea bushes I had made. The top thee inches of soil where fine. Then it was bone dry, almost baked! Grr.)

Love those stone pavers by the way!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I like that garden a lot John. Vibrant and full. One day hopefully ours will get close.
Battling against the heat and dryness here as well.
(After two days of constant rain, I thought I could plant some Hydrangea bushes I had made. The top thee inches of soil where fine. Then it was bone dry, almost baked! Grr.)

Love those stone pavers by the way!
Thank you Ian, its had several changes over the 48 years we've lived here. Once we had a lawn but a large dog soon put an end to that, so those pavers went in. The house faces due south so we get full sun, the drier summers have caused some losses, but unless we have a hosepipe ban we water a lot. Being on a meter we don't mind paying when we love the garden so much.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John
Your garden is beautiful mine did fair as well it’s done for this year to much rain

• Sad
Reactions: JR

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Watering is free for me I have 7 or is it eight 1000 litres water tanks that fill from the roof of the barn. Time? That's a whole different story. To water the garden properly would take about two till tree hours! So it's those that need it get it . The joys of gardening eh.
I need the improve the soil in the hydrangea bed. Those that are planted in ordinary soil dry out far to quick. So over the Autumn it's leaves and compost ad lib.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Watering is free for me I have 7 or is it eight 1000 litres water tanks that fill from the roof of the barn. Time? That's a whole different story. To water the garden properly would take about two till tree hours! So it's those that need it get it . The joys of gardening eh.
I need the improve the soil in the hydrangea bed. Those that are planted in ordinary soil dry out far to quick. So over the Autumn it's leaves and compost ad lib.

I have 3 water barrels, but not that large compared to yours Ian.!

Can't beat plenty off well rotted compost. A good mulch of organic matter in the spring will help conserve the moisture at the roots level .

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John,
very nice, - just reminds why I live in a flat! Both my father & mother were keen gardeners, my brother must have inherited all the green fingers gene. I do not like gardening - the only thing growing in my flat is the mould on my out-of-date cheese!!!
Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nothing like four different seasons to give you a break from certain things.......while providing more time at the Hobby Bench, where ones fingers are never "green", unless that happens to be the color you are working with at the moment! ;) Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Don't you guys have winter?
Not had a proper winter since I were a lad!! ;) :smiling5:

In all seriousness, It depends where in the country you are..... Obviously, the further the North the colder. That said for its latitude the UK is generally warmer than it should be because of the warming effects of the Gulf stream.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
John, John, do not panic :anguished:, I will send my three little darlings around, and they will sort out all that green stuff you have in your garden, they are great at turning perfectly good grass into mud within hours and you can guarantee you will hear language from your SWMBO that would make an old sailor blush.
In our gardening world SWMBO has now decided that I can operate the leaf blower and connected to the electricity....
1000 - Copy.jpg