Garden

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A few photos of our garden, things really moving on this and last month.
2022_3.jpg2022_4.jpg2022_8.jpg2022.jpg2022_2.jpg
New sweet pee willow towers. Just waiting for some suitable pots to arrive this week .

2022_3_2ASW.jpg
Collection of Bonsai , these are all some years old now and are all native trees and one shrub.Root pruning takes place yearly.

Thanks for looking in .

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
It's a beautiful garden John. It must take a lot of time and knowledge to keep it looking good. A wonderful place to relax. Who needs to be out and about with that outside your back door.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It's a beautiful garden John. It must take a lot of time and knowledge to keep it looking good. A wonderful place to relax. Who needs to be out and about with that outside your back door.
Thanks Jim, 51 years this year of alterations adding and removing some things has given us just what we want.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I am to gardening what a wrecking ball is to sky scrapers!!!!

Todays gardening chore though has been right up my alley!!!!! Tree root removal. A very old tree root that was inherited when we moved in, has succumbed to my efforts. (Well. Mine, a fireman’s axe and a wrecking bar).
I can report the root is now an ex root, it is no more!! It ain’t even capable of pushing up daisy’s as it’s in several garden buckets!!!
Mem Saab can now plant to her hearts content! My bit is done.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Whilst we're on the subject of Gardening, my task's for the day are complete, all the fence panels ..(all 11 of them)..are done..

Just the shed to re-paint, re-stain the little 'picket type' fence on my front garden, and then replace all the garden log-roll type edging.. it never bloody stops does it !

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cracking John, you sure have the green fingers!! You and Christine must love sitting there with a nice cuppa.

Would show my garden but it's been used to shoot a film on the Somme!

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The garden is looking great John.
I used to do bonsai. I had some nice ones started from young plants. Ten years in and they went tits up.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Whilst we're on the subject of Gardening, my task's for the day are complete, all the fence panels ..(all 11 of them)..are done..

Just the shed to re-paint, re-stain the little 'picket type' fence on my front garden, and then replace all the garden log-roll type edging.. it never bloody stops does it !
That's why I never bloody start!

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug

Thats next!!! But waiting for a really clear spell weather wise!! No2 son has given me his spray gun for the job. So!!! I have convinced my wife practicing with the air brush is good for getting the shed and summer house painted!! So far - my ruse has worked!!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thats next!!! But waiting for a really clear spell weather wise!! No2 son has given me his spray gun for the job. So!!! I have convinced my wife practicing with the air brush is good for getting the shed and summer house painted!! So far - my ruse has worked!!!
SWMBO will brain you Doug if she finds out lol

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excellent work. Loving the bonsai especially.
Thanks Tim,if it's a very cold winter they go into the greenhouse, but this year's it's not been that cold so left then outside.

Cracking John, you sure have the green fingers!! You and Christine must love sitting there with a nice cuppa.

Would show my garden but it's been used to shoot a film on the Somme!
Yes we do indeed Bob. Facing south is brilliant , we have the sun go from left to right .
Well you have those springs so can understand the difficulty.

The garden is looking great John.
I used to do bonsai. I had some nice ones started from young plants. Ten years in and they went tits up.
Sad Ian, did they dry out? That's a common cause of loss, that and not root pruning. We lost a beautiful Maple , was perfect when we went out , dried out fully and died by the time we came back !

A very nice little garden John.
Thanks Ian ,just the right size these days .
JOHN jen loves your garden an says vvery well done
chris an jen
Thank Jen for me Chris .

Thanks to the others that commented :smiling3:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
What you need is a nice easy maintenance garden, lots of hard stuff and a bit of green that only needs cutting!!! More time for the fun things in life - like not getting yer fingers chewed by the newest furry arrival! IMG_0183.jpeg

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Very nice John I was just thinking of you today about this time of year you go MIA to garden. I never could raise flowers yours beautiful thanks for sharing

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sad Ian, did they dry out? That's a common cause of loss, that and not root pruning. We lost a beautiful Maple , was perfect when we went out , dried out fully and died by the time we came back !
Most of them yes. A good sunny day and it was game over! A few had the roots eaten away by insects!