gerhard schopfels bf109 e 3 in 1/24

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ridden hard and put away wet, springs to mind...

Well done Ole.

M

mobear

forgot to say the number 1 on the fuse is hand painted i only had 9s and a 64 lol,thnx Ian,yup it was lol

mobear

M

mobear

gerhard schopfel in right place lol

ell i`m gonna say its done,its well scruffed up,maybe the reason it was found belly flopped in normandy,after being in action hope you all enjoy the dirty bird as much as i do lol

mobear:smile1:

D

dubster72

That looks excellent Ole, very well done! The paints great, the decals look like Roman did them & the extra bits you put on really add to it.

Cheers

Patrick

M

mobear

the number 1 was hand painted,didnt have the decals for that number,i had 9s or 6s and 64,that was fun

mobear

and thnx patrick

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Ole, I do indeed love a dirty bird !

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Really enjoyed watching this plane come together Ole. It looks great. I cant wait to start my next 1/24 build.

Steve

A

andyrobs

Hi Mobear, fantastic work mate, very impressive

Cheers, Andrew

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
you caught me out Ole. I put my comment on the duplicated thread. Great plane mate. I enjoyed watching it come together.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent finish Ole......That was a lucky day for Schopfel, at least he got back.

More than can be said for his wing man 9, he ended up in a pond in Kent!!

Sorry mate, couldn't resist it once I read the mini story and saw the markings on your cracking Me109.

Ron

View attachment 47859

2010 Nov GB 072.jpg

M

mobear

thnx my friends,i was thinking dirtier,as he was an ace pilot and saw alot of action in his 109,i wondered why there was a nine in the decals?now i do know lol,was fun but if i could do it ahain in the same size alot more information on the e type and all the gubbings in eyeshot,found a good way to remove panels though,break the tip off a stanley blade works a dream.

mobear

ps i love the pic

O

Obant

Wow, that's nice. An inspiration for my Bf109E - hope I can do half the job you've done.

Grant

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If you are wondering why there are some double posts in the thread, it is due to me merging to threads. So now all the comments are in the same thread.

A great result Ole and apart from my original comment I would like to add that you made a great job of it.

Ian M

M

mobear

thnx for putting it all in 1 place Ian,it wasnt till after i looked that i realised,sometimes i`m a bit ooppss

mobear

First Name
Aaron
Fantastic finish mobear, Very inspiring.