german anti tank emplacment and returning crew

S

Sky Raider

Brilliant job, a little clean looking but brilliant none the less, well done top marks.

Andy

P

Polux

Hi AndrewI am a newbie, but i like his distribution and idea.Nice job.Regards

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's very nicely done indeed Andrew.

Gern

T

tommy1drop

Top job mate, perhaps it needs toning down a little, its a bit to clean.

Tom

B

Bunkerbarge

From your comments you have obviously realised that it needs a bit more weathering however I think you have gone about it in exactly the right way by waiting to do the weathering slowly and gradually. If you rush it and do too much you could end up being dissapointed but doing it a bit at a time will help you get a feel for the effects and be in better control.

I think this is a great composition, which I have always considered to be as important as the modelling itself, and makes for an excellent diorama. Take the weathering slowly and I'm sure it will end up a very eye catching model.

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
excellant .......... very realistic looking scene . top job .....

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Andrew, i like this mate. If you look at it from a low angle one side you're wondering whats behind the gate, and vice versa. It's like having two models in one.

Have fun, John

R

Richy C

Very nice Andrew, the build looks very clean and sharp , the miniart dios can be a right pig to do but yours looks spot on mate , as for the weathering if your unsure try florymodels wash through an airbrush it gives a great dusty look or even brush it on , John`s got it in the shop and comes in different colours and can be mixed together , and if your not happy it can be wiped off with a damp cloth as its clay based , its great stuff .

Cheers

Richy

P

phalinmegob

i have all the colours in the flory stuff but only used it once and was not happy with the results, been put off using it since but must admit i never give a thought to airbrushing the stuff on. will try some dark dirt on the walls.dont think the paint had been left long enough last time i used it and it stained all the paint black which i could not remove. thanks for all the comments. i have fallen in love with miniart kits.

N

noble

Hi Andrew this is a lovely composition, nice build but take your time with the weathering as it is easy to go to far as i have found out. Well done mate nice work.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good work Andrew.

Another option for some weathering are good old chalk pastels. Rub them on a bit of rough sand paper to make powders and dust them on with a soft brush. (the misses will never miss one of her make up brushes....)

Good composition and I too like the way that it can be viewed from either side.

Ian M