German Interior Colors... Need Help.

C

CharleyGnarlyP290

I need Tiger color help! I am guessing this topic has been flogged to flinders, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I am starting the 1/25 scale Tamiya Tiger, and have discovered that getting color info is horribly complicated.

First, I realize that the plastic in this kit is fraught with errors in dimension and details. I am fine with that... BUT, I really would like to get the colors right, specifically the interior.

I am reading that some early Tigers had a light, blue-grey interior from the sponsons down, with a light cream, or ivory for the remainder. I have also read that at some point that the portions below the sponsons were red-oxide primer, with everything above that in the cream/ivory color.

So, any help with this dilemma would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I will be using Vallejo paints so any paint numbers would be great.

N

noble

Hi I use white mixed with 2 to 3 drops of buff I find this gives me a fairly accurate colour and once you add your washes it looks spot on.

scott

C

CharleyGnarlyP290

Thanks Scott. What about the lower portion of the hull interior? From what I read it could be a grey-blue from the sponsons down or red oxide depending on the year of manufacture.

N

noble

I have used red oxide as a primer for the interior then in the fighting compartments I have used part white part buff mix.

Scott

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
if of any help,I tend to use a bone color,

what would be close to what Scott,done use,then just a wash or two to pickup the

opening parts,bars and wheels,in a brown ;)