Gern's 1/72 PST PMZ-2 Fire Engine

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Managed to find this:

1665736620089.png

I've found the parts for the pump, but naturally that arm at the botton is broken. I've got the broken bit so I should be able to fix it. Onwards and upwards .....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Yeh Gods Dave you like a challenge :smiling: You've come too far to give up now and think of the feeling of relief you'll have when it's done.
You are making good progress.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Relief indeed, I was holding my breath while Dave was looking for the missing pump parts!! :tongue-out3:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You can breath again Rick. Not only did I find the parts, but I also fixed the broken bit. It's also starting to look a bit fire enginy after a bit of paint:

IMGP4252.JPG

Looks like I missed a bit inside the cab but I'll sort that with my next lot of red.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
That red seems to have covered well Dave. What make of paint is it?
Pete

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That red seems to have covered well Dave. What make of paint is it?
Pete

That's Stynylrez white primer with Tamiya X7 on top.
Good luck with this I think I built the same kit but under a different boxing, some while ago.

View attachment 465124

John

PST have released several versions of fire engines based on a variety of truck chassis. Yours certainly looks like one. I've got a whole selection of extra bits on the sprues, so I'm thinking they may have only changed the box art and instructions for each variant.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Shame on the both of you...........now you've got me wanting to make a Zis 6 fire truck!! Problem is I can only get a Zis 5 so would have to use 2 kits to make a proper job of it.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Dave yeah, I'd like to build a model of that fire truck but I need to scrounge up a 1-87 scale model kit to convert to that type fire truck......still looking on the net, might get lucky and find one in a junk box.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks like you are gradually wrestling this one into shape Dave. Bit of a battle though.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Dave yeah, I'd like to build a model of that fire truck but I need to scrounge up a 1-87 scale model kit to convert to that type fire truck......still looking on the net, might get lucky and find one in a junk box.

Sorry Rick. I didn't realise you were looking for 1/87 although I shoulda known!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Dave,

Kinda late in here Sir. A most interesting 'thang' you are building there and so tiny. Nice scratchy work going on too. It's no wonder CA is not your best friend in this scale. I'm in now and I can't wait to see what you stick to next.........

Prost
Allen

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Morn Dave,

Kinda late in here Sir. A most interesting 'thang' you are building there and so tiny. Nice scratchy work going on too. It's no wonder CA is not your best friend in this scale. I'm in now and I can't wait to see what you stick to next.........

Prost
Allen

I should be OK now Allen. There's no more need for CA or epoxy on this so they're both back on the shelf where they belong - 'til I try to do a kit with PE!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great work going on here dave , the scratch built additions/ replacements are excellent . Nice use of the guitar string too , an invaluable asset that ive used for all sorts in the past . Cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Got the chassis ready for paint:

IMGP4255.JPG

IMGP4256.JPG

Many thanks to Dave Ward for sending me pics of the cab layout on his 1/35 version. I've added three levers - gear stick, handbrake (from Dave's pictures) and a shifter to switch the diff. from tracks to water pump (pure guesswork on my part). I have no idea how the driver coped with both the gear lever and handbrake on his left side in a left-hand drive vehicle. You won't be able to see much of this when the cab is installed so they're just there to give an idea of the controls.

I've left the towing hitch in place to give me something to hold on to for painting. It will have to come off to make room for the pump.

Also got the dashboard and steering wheel fitted:

IMGP4254.JPG

IMGP4253.JPG

Gradually getting closer to the bits I'm dreading - the tracks!