Gern's Medieval Bombard Finished

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I like this it's different and very well made , I really like the dirt area it's very realistic

C

CDW

OK you're excused Dave :smiling: :smiling:

I like it as it is, there's lots going on anyway, I've actually been looking around for this type of kit since you first posted it up.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Tops Dave, well made and well devised. The whole structure of the model works to make it a very interesting build and something unique.

I like it very much.

Si:smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice build Dave, and something away from the norm too....

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks guys. It's amazing what you find when you think you're all done:

1) I missed the metal hoops on the barrels and buckets (but at least I got a bucket!).

2) My tree is leaning to one side.

3) I should have left a path behind the guy pushing the barrel. And did you notice the clumsy oaf had knocked over a bucket?

4) I don't think the powder would have been stored so close to the front of the gun barrel!

Si, I can't claim credit for all the layout. The positions of the figures were set by Zvezda. I could have changed them but I thought they were fine as they are.

Anyway, I'm happy enough. Thanks again.

Gern

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, quick build Dave, and very nicely done mate.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Thanks guys. It's amazing what you find when you think you're all done:1) I missed the metal hoops on the barrels and buckets (but at least I got a bucket!).

2) My tree is leaning to one side.

3) I should have left a path behind the guy pushing the barrel. And did you notice the clumsy oaf had knocked over a bucket?

4) I don't think the powder would have been stored so close to the front of the gun barrel!

Si, I can't claim credit for all the layout. The positions of the figures were set by Zvezda. I could have changed them but I thought they were fine as they are.

Anyway, I'm happy enough. Thanks again.

Gern
what missed bits?

1. Hoops on buckets - youre excused as all of us so far probably missed them too!

2. its a very exposed area with a prevailing wind - trees naturally lean

3. the guy has pushed the barrel from across the grass so no track ,and I dont think hes going to be on his own as far as kicking the bucket goes-just wait till that cannon goes off!!

4. the guy lighting the touch paper is just pointing and saying " for gods sake shift that bloody barrel of powder!!!"

so there , no mistakes as far as I can see .

seriously though mate this is absolutely fantastic , its so different and so interesting, ive never seen this kit or anything like it (apart from the Da Vinci stuff by italeri , speaking of which i quite like the look of the mechanical lion!) Needless to say I love this , Great build doodab winging its way to you , cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Maybe Dave, but you have still put it together perfectly so that it is a feast to the eye.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks guys.

Tony - I guess I'm just like everyone else. We all see faults in our own work and get maybe too critical - but it's one way we get better I suppose. It's nice if you can get a forum like this where others will help without destroying your confidence!

Gern

P

Polux

Nice and different build Gern.

Seriously, there's nothing to criticism!!

Cheers

Polux

First Name
Andy
Hi Dave,

As already said, this looks great Sir and I certainly can't see anything wrong nor out of place...

HUGE ***** for you...

Andy...

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks guys.

Andy, I do wish you'd lose the 'sir'! It don't apply to me - as any of the guys who've met me will tell you! :smiling3:

Gern

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Andy, I do wish you'd lose the 'sir'! It don't apply to me - as any of the guys who've met me will tell you! :smiling3:
You're not a 'madam' are you Dave?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
You're not a 'madam' are you Dave?Si:smiling3:
Thank you Si! I'll remember that. :eek:

That's 15 - Love to you. My serve .....

Gern

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thank you Si! I'll remember that. :eek:That's 15 - Love to you. My serve .....

Gern
Heh, heh couldn't resist... :P

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice one, it's certainly something different and very nicely done. I like your groundwork too, very realistic..

I wasn't sure if it was me or the tree that was leaning a bit, anyway it matters not at all. There's a blo8dy great pine tree in my neighbours garden which is definitely leaning our way !

I wouldn't worry about the powder position either......the gun powder plotters thought it would be a good idea to dry some out in front of an open fire, and they had several hundred years more experience with the stuff :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve