Gern's Zvezda 1/35 T-35

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Looking at all of these, I'm feeling pretty bad that I haven't gotten on with mine, but all are inspiring me to try something else afterwards.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Some progress on this.

Got the turrets finished apart from the MG's and any weathering I do - they will be last 'cos I'll only knock them off if I fit them earlier.

Very impressed with the kit as, apart from a few smears of putty on the deck superstructure, I've not needed any at all on the turrets.

IMGP4193.JPG

Incidentally, does anyone know what the bracket doohickey fitted at the rear of the turret hatch is for? It looks way too big for an MG.

IMGP4197.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looks like an MG mount to me.....never know 'bout them "Rookies" though! :thinking: looks like you are making some progress there Dave....nice when everything goes together easily. Rick H.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That is the mounting for a DT machine gun for anti-aircraft use.

1600px-DT_tank_machine_gun_1.JPG
(Wikimedia Commons)

The barrel goes through the round clamp at the front, the curved rack at the bottom allows it to be fixed at various angles for firing against aircraft.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Bit late but far too much going on on the forum to keep up with - sorry.
Looks and sounds like a nice kit. Good start. Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope the puss cats let you get on with this :smiling:
Jim