Gerry's Armoured Aerosan Lee's Russian Group Build

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry
Great. You should be very pleased with the way that has come out.
Jim
One or two points that I'm not too happy with - little bits that I either missed or couldn't clean during the build and a nasty join that I completely missed until I just saw it in the photo - still, I'll try and correct that before long.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very well done Gerry!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That turned out very well Gerry.........will work into a nice and very different Diorama.......not seen one of these built up before, very unusual vehicle. :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Gerry .
Think it's a great build, esp as you certainly faced a steep learning curve with the PE and won .
I see you even manage to fit the sight on the machine gun, I've found those so hard in the past they normally end up in the bin .
The committee were also impressed.
The Dogs_0.jpg THE DOGS 2 MOD.png
Congratulations.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Gerry .
Think it's a great build, esp as you certainly faced a steep learning curve with the PE and won .
I see you even manage to fit the sight on the machine gun, I've found those so hard in the past they normally end up in the bin .
The committee were also impressed.
View attachment 450644
Congratulations.
Very honoured, thank you, must admit that I've got to thank all of those that gave support on the thread - a few times it almost got put into the box and put away, as it went through my mind "What? Again? Do I have to?"! :surprised:

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Think the good thing is you didn't give up, just shows that perseverance can win Gerry.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yep, gotta agree with the Chaps here Gerry.....
A very nice job indeed :smiling3:
I also echo what John said about that Gun sight..... They are an absolute bugger to fit IMHO,so again.... Well done for sure mate ;)
Andy
P.S. When I was doing my apprenticeship in Devonport, the MOD Coppers used to ride Norton Commandos exclusively....always loved those bikes,but never did get to own one myself.....
So,go on.... Get it out of it's box....
It's waited long enough!! ;)

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Yep, gotta agree with the Chaps here Gerry.....
A very nice job indeed :smiling3:
I also echo what John said about that Gun sight..... They are an absolute bugger to fit IMHO,so again.... Well done for sure mate ;)
Andy
P.S. When I was doing my apprenticeship in Devonport, the MOD Coppers used to ride Norton Commandos exclusively....always loved those bikes,but never did get to own one myself.....
So,go on.... Get it out of it's box....
It's waited long enough!! ;)
Thanks Andy, as said, there were a few times when it almost went into the box never to see the light of day again, but proud of myself in that the carpet monster DIDN'T GET FED ANYTHING and given the size of a lot of the bits I'm most surprised!!:smiling3::smiling3::thumb2:
Must admit that I always liked the John Player Norton myself - until I actually saw one up close a few years later!!:surprised:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Gerry. That looks great very nice finish to a well to me a complex model well done and congratulations on the Race Towers dogs award also. Thanks for joining us on the GB we was glad to have you.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Gerry. That looks great very nice finish to a well to me a complex model well done and congratulations on the Race Towers dogs award also. Thanks for joining us on the GB we was glad to have you.
Thanks Lee, wasn't any less complex to me, as well! All I could really do was to just follow the instructions (was a few times that I looked and thought "What the heck!?" but changed order or just plodded ahead) it's shown up a couple of things that could be useful for modelling in the future, so a learning experience!
Must admit that I was very surprised to receive the prestigious 'Dogs Award' for it though!
Thanks for letting me join the group build, certainly 'out of my comfort zone' what with it being an 'Armour' and Russian/Soviet subject matter, neither of which I've done in the past 30 odd years!

Last edited: