First Name
Mike
This kit's even older than I am. The Revell Northrop Snark missile was originally released in 1958; it was covered in rivets and had those helpful marking-guides moulded onto the wings and fuselage... So, I had to sand everything down, re-scribe and add a bit of extra detail. I didn't trust the Revell decals to fit so the white areas were masked and painted. It's 1/81 scale, apparently.

57_900.jpg

IMG_4651_900.jpg

IMG_4654_900.jpg

IMG_4668_900.jpg

IMG_4677_900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
it was covered in rivets and had those helpful marking-guides moulded onto the wings and fuselage... So, I had to sand everything down, re-scribe and add a bit of extra detail.
It was well worth the effort. That looks fantastic. I've never heard of a Snark missile but I certainly know what one looked like now :smiling3:

I wonder what Lewis Carroll would have made of it? I presume that's where the name came from.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Sharp looking pointy thing! excellent finish, too!

T

tecdes

Very Snarky model nice finish Mike. Very crisp in deed.

Laurie

W

Willi262

Negative implications aside, (its a missile built to kill), it looks great; realistic, nice work!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great build mike and a VERY tricky paint job too ,excellently done. Its very 'Gerry Anderson' isnt it , but still a pre cursor to todays long range cruise missiles (but a hell of a lot bigger!) cheers tony

First Name
Gregg
I remember building this years ago, so glad I haven't still got it after seeing your outstanding build & paint. :smiling3: :smiling3:

Gregg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Another superb build Mike, and another very rare subject too. Nicely done.

First Name
Gregg
How do you get such amazingly sharp/crisp photo's with a blank background as well? :smiling3: :smiling3:

Gregg

First Name
Mike
Cheers for the nice comments, guys. :smiling3:

\ said:
Negative implications aside, (its a missile built to kill), it looks great; realistic, nice work!
Thanks Steve. I guess unless we're building cars or airliners, most of what we build is designed to kill, one way or another

How do you get such amazingly sharp/crisp photo's with a blank background as well? :smiling3: :smiling3: Gregg
Thanks Gregg. I use one of those light-tents to diffuse the light from a couple of tungsten bulbs. I always manually set the camera's white balance and shoot RAW format, which enables me to tweak the shadows and levels to get a pure white background. I've written a short series for Scale Aviation Modeller International (SAMI) about photographing models, which has appeared in the last couple of issues. That goes into a bit more detail.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As a point and hope merchant I might just try to get hold of those two issues. I need all the help I can get :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Richard
Hi Mike,

That looks fantastic. The colours are super nice. Pictures are great to.

5* plus

Cheers Richi