Golan patrol

N

noble

Hi all, ihave just begun the construction of a new diorama. It will be set in the golan heights, I am in the process of constructing a destroyed building, might actually do one more after this. It is made from 5mm foam board, here is my progress so far.

ScottWP_20160427_14_59_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20160427_14_59_40_Pro.jpg

WP_20160427_14_59_54_Pro.jpg

This is the effect iam going for.

Shelled Buildings At Khochniye Golan Heights Israel View Of A Yellow ___.jpg

N

noble

Set next year, I have an idea but I need to fully work out the details yet. I will be using my merkava III and a bmp 1. Otherwise I am not sure yet.

Scott

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Set next year, I have an idea but I need to fully work out the details yet. I will be using my merkava III and a bmp 1. Otherwise I am not sure yet.
Scott
That was going to be my next question. Is a Merkava involved, but you've already answered it

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
constructing a destroyed building
Anywhere else except a model forum, and you might cause some confusion with those words...

N

noble

I bought two packs of A4, 5 sheets each pack from the range, they cost me £10 total and I can get two buildings out of each pack.

Scott

F

Fenlander

Ahhh, is this the paper covered foam core? I use that as a base material.

Lots of YouTube videos show an uncovered foam that can be carved or scribed. I assume this is a high density foam like insulation but I don't know if it is available in thin sheets.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Nice idea Scott,this is looking good,do like the battle damage to it as well, ;)

\ said:
Ahhh, is this the paper covered foam core? I use that as a base material.
Lots of YouTube videos show an uncovered foam that can be carved or scribed. I assume this is a high density foam like insulation but I don't know if it is available in thin sheets.
maybe Graham ,the one you are thinking of is called depron, is what I use,mostly use to make planes out of , ;)

N

noble

Thanks kind folks, on the areas of bare grey foam I will inscribe a brick pattern into these areas, then they will get a coat of pva to seal the foam. Once this is complete I will stiple the whole structure with filler and paint once dry.

Scott

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Looking the business!!:cool:

N

noble

Thanks snowman ⛄ all the grey foam has been sealed, once its dry I will stipple on the filler.

Scott

F

Fenlander

Interesting to see where this is going. I just don't have the imagination to start something like this, maybe as I do more it will come.

N

noble

Truth to tell graham this is my first time, bit of a structure virgin. If ican do it anyone can.

Scott

D

Deleted member 4539

This looks great Scott.You even have rebar in the concrete blocks:smiling3: