Good Evening all.

Beanie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi everyone,

I hope today finds you well and thanks for taking the time to read this.
I am a total newbie to plastic modelling with many things to learn and techniques to master.
My first model was the Tamiya F-22 (Christmas Present) which ended up looking a mess but I'll post up a picture anyway.

As you'll see it's not a bad start, I look forward to learning many things with you all.

IMG_5113.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
We'll it's a warm "HELLO" From me :smiling3:
Don't know enough about aircraft building to give guidance,(more of an AFV builder really),
But there are a LOT of excellent guys on here who can point you in the right direction ;)
Cheers,
Andy

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Welcome, Andrew.
Definitely yours is not a bad start and absolutely not a mess: the two tone gray camo looks properly shaded and the build is nice, too.:thumb2:
You should have seen my first model: the radial engine was glued outside its cover and this mainly because I didn't know there was an instruction sheet...:tongue-out3:. I think mine was the longest G50 ever seen! :rolling:
Andrea.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andrew,
It's a very warm welcome from me as well. Even though you do wingy things I will still speak to you :smiling:. I look forward to seeing you about.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andrew
Welcome to the forum and the hobby. This is a great place to share the hobby. Your first model looks good to me. I hope you'll post your next build on the forum.
Jim

Beanie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Your wish is my command Jim.

This was my last "build" In this one I tried a little bit of everything and kinda screwed it all up.
I tried using Etched parts, tiny decals (without breaking them), panel washes, glossing then then matt clears and black basing.
It looks rubbish but the only way to learn is by making mistakes right?

And yes I tried glossing the canopy which was a silly mistake to make.

I'll make a proper build log with the SU-33 i've just started.

IMG_5114.jpgIMG_5115.jpgIMG_5116.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Andrew
That is a decent start to your modelling career. There are only two things to remember. First one is to have fun. The second is to only judge your results against your criteria. Hope to see more soon….

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Welcome to the madhouse, whatever skill set you have and whatever genre of models you like making, you will get great info and knowledge.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome to a great place Andrew, friendly, with some banter. Plenty of wingy builders to help if needed.
As a matter of fact yours looks rather good .

Like Tim says its all about fun, I have to tell myself this more often then not :smiling3:

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Welcome Andrew
That is a great start there, and as has been said, try to have fun in the process.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome Andrew!! Love your name BTW.

ATB

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome Andrew, we are all certifiable so as long as you are nutty enough to glue bits of plastic together and throw paint at it when done gluing, you will fit right in......Matron will be around to assign you a room and bed number in this here Asylum........There is only one rule on here that REALLY counts........HAVE FUN.
By the way.....do you have a nick name you like to go by? The 15 other Andys, Andrews, Andrewskis et al, are starting to get a little confused. ;) Welcome to the party!!
Rick H.