Got a few 'other' interests, from watches to airguns

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Watches tend to be Russian - started off when I got an old Sekonda repaired, then decided that I'd put a new movement into another watch I'd had kicking about, then it was buy a watch dial, hands and a watch to 'customise' - even bought a couple for the wife! A few of them below
The one I put a new movement inParatrooper 003.jpgThe one I had repairedSekonda 002.jpg one of my pocket watches Vympel02.jpg one of the ones I bought the wifeChaika 006.JPG
As to the airgun side, got a few of them (think that between us, we've over 30!) - humble SMK QB78s, FX, and pistols used for target work & a bit of 'plinking' in the back garden
Three of the pistolsDSC00438.JPG One of the more 'unusual' onesP8270096.JPG My FX TyphoonRon Memorial 01.JPGWife also is 'quite useful' with her gun as well!DSC00431.JPG

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I've got a few airguns too - 25 I think, haven't counted for a while! Some good ones but most are "fixer-uppers" I had from a dealer who was having a clearout. I should probably sell them as my eyesight isn't up to doing much shooting these days.
Pete

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I've got a few airguns too - 25 I think, haven't counted for a while! Some good ones but most are "fixer-uppers" I had from a dealer who was having a clearout. I should probably sell them as my eyesight isn't up to doing much shooting these days.
Pete
Yep, funny how these things multiply - started off with an old ASI Sniper (now needing a new barrel - none available!) then got a SMK B3, then a KASU AR2078 (same as a SMK thumbhole 78, but earlier) then it went mad - getting a FX Cyclone, Remington Air Hawke (same as a SMK TH208) some QB78s, FX Typhoon, pistols (spring, pump & Co2) etc. etc.!
Think that I recognize your username - UCAF member?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I have a Falcon FN19SB. But it doesn't reside with me here in Scotland as you need to have a permit to have one. Yet another joy of our 'great' SNP government.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Is it difficult to get the permit? Heard that it's more of a 'paper filling' than a full-on police visit etc.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
The hassle of having the permit and also a place to shoot it, with full permissions and insurances. Just can't be bothered with it all at the moment.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
The hassle of having the permit and also a place to shoot it, with full permissions and insurances. Just can't be bothered with it all at the moment.
Ah, see what you mean - we're fairly lucky about here, got 4 or 5 clubs within a hours drive

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Yep, funny how these things multiply - started off with an old ASI Sniper (now needing a new barrel - none available!) then got a SMK B3, then a KASU AR2078 (same as a SMK thumbhole 78, but earlier) then it went mad - getting a FX Cyclone, Remington Air Hawke (same as a SMK TH208) some QB78s, FX Typhoon, pistols (spring, pump & Co2) etc. etc.!
Think that I recognize your username - UCAF member?
I've had a very early Webley Mk III since the seventies, that a workmate found in a house he was modernising - buried under the earth floor in an outhouse, wrapped in several layers of greased cloth! It was a SMK thumbhole 78 that got me into them again, then I put a wanted ad on Gumtree and hoovered up all the bargains. Then a chap I worked with offered me an HW35, in an early fifties canvas gun case that I sold for about what the rifle cost me. The rifle had been his when he was a teenager, and when he left home his dad was worried it would go rusty, so he put the whole rifle in a drum of old engine oil! Didn't do the stock much good, but it certainly wasn't rusty.
UCAF? I occasionally lurk on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum - is that the one you mean?
Pete

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I've had a very early Webley Mk III since the seventies, that a workmate found in a house he was modernising - buried under the earth floor in an outhouse, wrapped in several layers of greased cloth! It was a SMK thumbhole 78 that got me into them again, then I put a wanted ad on Gumtree and hoovered up all the bargains. Then a chap I worked with offered me an HW35, in an early fifties canvas gun case that I sold for about what the rifle cost me. The rifle had been his when he was a teenager, and when he left home his dad was worried it would go rusty, so he put the whole rifle in a drum of old engine oil! Didn't do the stock much good, but it certainly wasn't rusty.
UCAF? I occasionally lurk on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum - is that the one you mean?
Pete
Wish I could find an oldie like that - all I seem to get are not worth it! At least the stock hadn't got woodworm!!
Yep, that's the forum, I'm 'Gerry' on there, so tend to get to know most of the usernames.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Used to have a .22 HW85K. Was a lovely springer. But made a bit of a noise compared to my PCP

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Love the watches gerry , ive got a bit of a collection going too , mainly cheapo automatics and a couple of homages , but ive also got a lovely russian csaba ( slava) automatic , and a beautifully done hamilton ventura 75 copy . As for guns im about as well armed as the Swiss Navy :smiling5:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Used to have a .22 HW85K. Was a lovely springer. But made a bit of a noise compared to my PCP
Yes, a PCP is a lot quieter if a good silencer is fitted, got a HW one on the Cyclone & a 'custom' job on the Typhoon (don't know why, as the 'tin chickens' don't care!) and with either gun people standing beside me don't realise that I've shot. Though a lot of the springers 'noise' is conducted through the stock.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Love the watches gerry , ive got a bit of a collection going too , mainly cheapo automatics and a couple of homages , but ive also got a lovely russian csaba ( slava) automatic , and a beautifully done hamilton ventura 75 copy . As for guns im about as well armed as the Swiss Navy :smiling5:
The Sekonda wristy that I had repaired is a Slava re-brand, it's the one with two barrels (can't remember the movement number - think it's a 2414) and they can be a little 'delicate' though it didn't need much doing to it & getting on for 50 years old! Just mainly what Timpsons messed up.
One of my 'specials' is also one of the cheaper ones, but the money that I paid went to the country's doctors - it's a 'Stop Covid' limited edition Luch watch from Belarus (#527 - 2nd run)
1613762012478.png1613762038398.png
Also got a 'confusing' watch - 24 hour dial - also thought about getting a Luch 'Reverse' - where the hands/dial are anti-clockwise, but as I prefer mechanicals, and the 'Reverse' collection are all quartz, not gone for one - yet!
1613762281072.png

Think that the Swiss Navy has a couple of Fast Interceptor Boats - so I wont mess with you! ;)

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
This is the watch that I re-dialled and different hands on - the blue changes with how it catches the light, liked the dial, then had to decide about hands, case and bezel, got it all together then changed the bits over.
IMG_20210120_150035107.jpg

Most of my 'wristies' are autos

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Nice guns. I used to have quite a few PCP's but ended up selling all but one to fund other pew pews when I got my firearms licence.

The one I kept is a Weihrauch HW100. :smiling3:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Nice guns. I used to have quite a few PCP's but ended up selling all but one to fund other pew pews when I got my firearms licence.

The one I kept is a Weihrauch HW100. :smiling3:
Most of mine aren't worth selling - probably get enough to buy a tube of poly cement! (If I sold all of them:tongue-out3:)

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Also have a couple of air rifles, a generic .17 springer, and a Brocock Hunter .22. I’m a better shot with the cheap springer!

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Love that Luch gerry :thumb2:
It was the second one they sent me - the first was nicked in transit:confused: and as the factory doesn't track any packages, couldn't say when or where it went - put me off buying their WWII 75th commemorative set (featured Studebaker, Spitfire and a T34 on the watches) and they weren't cheap, so wasn't going to risk them going missing!

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Also have a couple of air rifles, a generic .17 springer, and a Brocock Hunter .22. I’m a better shot with the cheap springer!
The springer your original? As that's usually the way - only reason I hit some targets is the fact that I've got huge scopes on the guns:tongue-out3: