Graeme's Dragon Sdkfz 250

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
My contribution to the halftrack GB, a Dragon sdkfz 250, not sure if I'm going to do it with the 3.7 cm pak 'Door knocker' or just as the standard machine gun armed version. Depends if the parts for the basic version are in the kit, the driver has gone AWOL though.
0001.JPG
The box art.
0002.JPG
The obligatory sprue shot.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Graeme , looks good. What sort of driver are you looking for, I've a seated one , but not in combat gear . Just say , I can put a photo up .

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks John, I have a half track crew set, though I'm not sure if I'm going to use them. I may do it as abandoned yet.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Built one of these a while ago Graeme. It was the version with the 2.8 paratrooper gun though. Builds nicely as I recall, with no real vices. Just as a heads up (though probably unnecessary) when you join the upper hull to the lower hull you will get a step where the armoured plates join. Don’t fill or sand it off, it’s supposed to be there. It’s not obvious in period pictures. I spent ages cursing dragon and smoothing out the join……..and then found a photograph that showed it :flushed:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Tim & Jakko, thanks for the heads up & link guys, I may well have got that wrong without that!
Allen, Jim, Paul & Dave, good to have you along, just hope I don't disappoint.
I've been on holiday this week, but I took the kit along in the caravan & managed to build some of it too.

0003.JPG
Progress may be a bit slow for a week or two, I have my old Land Rover Series 3 reduced to kit form....

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evenin' Graeme :smiling3:
Very sorry,but I completely missed this until now!!
Great kit you're taking on,and I suspect a LOT of bits!! ;)
I really like these 250/251s, looking forward to following along from here on in!!
Great stuff mate :smiling3:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Good to have you along Andy, lots of bits, mostly the tracks, two parts to each individual link.:rolling: