GSX1100s and CB750 F

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all decided to start my 1/6 bike dio now I've finished the Bentley. you cant buy 1/6 figures (least not that I can find and if I did I bet they are expensive) so decided to have a go at making my own

View attachment 102177

DSC_0266.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i do like the sounds of this and do wish you luck with it,

for me i would use balsa maybe a bit easyer to cave and shape,just an idea,:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

The shaping is ok moni I have a fret saw and my trusty multi drill.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice glad you do ,or you would be there all year doing by hand,lol, :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
1/6 scale is action man size Ken.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks si that's good to know and a lot easier.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all as I've been informed GI Joe, Barbie, Ken and Action Man are all 1/6 so I decided to use them But I wondered if I could have made them, and how long they would have taken so,,,,

Half hour on my fret saw and 10 mins with my multi drill and I got this.

View attachment 102279

View attachment 102280

View attachment 102281

View attachment 102282

View attachment 102283

View attachment 102284

View attachment 102285

so I think I could build one given a day or two (of course the head would take a while longer)

View attachment 102286

View attachment 102287

View attachment 102288

DSC_0267.JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

DSC_0269.JPG

DSC_0270.JPG

DSC_0271.JPG

DSC_0272.JPG

DSC_0273.JPG

DSC_0274.JPG

DSC_0276.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Getting there Ken, like the woodwork so far.

Si:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice job on the woodwork,,can see him turning out well, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all am going to use ken and barbie dolls just wondered whether I could make one out of wood, so that was just a trial piece.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well i think that you would be most able to make one,if you had to ,which is good to know, :D

B

Bunkerbarge

As has been said the old Action Man figures are 1/6th scale but so are all the other figures of the same size such as Barbie (and Ken!) etc but, more importantly, the huge range of Dragon 1/6th scale action figures and thier fantastic range of accessories. I have kitted out a couple of model boats with Dragon soldiers fitted out with boiler suits, jumpers and other civilian gear as well as tool boxes etc, There are also a lot of collectors figures including such things as Terminator figures that come complete with bike leather gear. Have a look on eBay, there are lots of interesting things there. You can even get 1/6th scale crash helmets!

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
liking good so far,and what scale is the front one,?

T

tommy1drop

Nice start Ken, looking forward to following this build, like your woodworking skills;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks tommy and moni I think I am going to really love this build . The one in the front moni is 1/12

Haven't decided on which idea to go with yet, I'm going to do the GSX as a well cared for bike and the CB as a bit of a rat that's been dropped a few times by the rider trying stupid stunts he's not really capable of(basically basing it on my first CB).

Really can't decide on the dio I have 2 in mind 1 I will be able to display 1/6 and 1/12 scale bikes and could add more and more the other I could only realistically add1/6 bikes.

The first idea is for the GSX and the CB to be parked at a cliff top car is park looking down on their mates at a beach party which I could have 1/12 bikes on.

The second idea is to have the GSX doing a doughnut in a carpark and the CB doing a front wheelie, I could then have 1/6 bikes parked all round as spectators.