Gulf War WMIK

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hey good people!

A quick simple (ish) one :rolleyes:.

I have Dragon British Desert Rats (modern) and Hobbyboss Land Rover WMIK, the Rats are from the 1st Gulf War, now my question is although the WMIK is dated from 2003, will it need to be modified to be backdated to 1990/91 or will it pass as it is? If it needs altering, what does it need?

Thanks in advance ;)

Lee :smiling3:

P

Polux

Hi Lee.

The British soldiers use Land Rovers on the Gulf War, exactly the HCPU version. In fact is really equal at the WMIK O_o

The vehicle has or use two "principal" weapons on this war: the Mk19 and the "Milan weapon".

From 1967 to 1985 the colour was the pink "pinkies". From 1985 to 2005 the Land Rover has been painted on brown.

Anyway, I'm a Land "Lover" :P , so if you build a landy, personally, I don't will write any kind of bad comment...no problem if is the correct or not model of the Gulf War :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Just hope you go on with this one :smiling3:

Regards

Polux

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Just to add to the excellent info from mr polux :smiling3: the colour of the landy would have been a desert tan or you can get away with a yellow sand with a light wash of earth brown over it to give it a more tan look :smiling3:

I look forward to seeing it lee :smiling3:

J

John Huggins

Hi Lee i have put some photo's of a WMIK from my work place (3 CDO / 30 CDO Plymouth.in the real McCoy photo thread on page 2, dont know iff this will help it might be a bit to moden for your kit.

John

Last edited:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks guys. :D

John, some most excellent photos there, lots of detail, thank you :cool:. I think it might be a bit to new though?

Next question, will it be for the bootnecks or the pongos???o_O

Decisions decisions...:confused:

Lee :smiling3: