Half track GB suggestion.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Does anyone fancy a half-track group build? I don't remember seeing one before (with my memory though, that doesn't mean a lot!) and there's plenty of choices available. Because I know open suggestions like this could lead to questions like: Would a Kettenkrad count? What about a Mk 1 WWI tank with the steering wheels at the back?; I'd restrict it to the typical layout of tracks at the back and two wheels at the front.

I was thinking any scale/nationality/era to start July 1 and run for three months. Although if some fancy a big FAMO build, the time could be extended.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Gern I’m in. I have a few of them to choose from.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I've got several of 1/35 ones in the stash, always liked the look of half tracks.......
..... I'd definitely be up for a GB :smiling3:
Andy

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve got an Sd.Kfz. 251 I’ve been wanting to build, but I got a little sidetracked by an unexpected tank recovery vehicle … Depending on how long this will run, I could join in.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I’ve got an Sd.Kfz. 251 I’ve been wanting to build, but I got a little sidetracked by an unexpected tank recovery vehicle … Depending on how long this will run, I could join in.
Just curious Jakko what scale is it?

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Been coerced into three wingy thing GBs - but, as I love 'em, I'm up for this! (Just means I'll have to get my finger out my a..e and crack on at the bench!)
Steve
I think you can do it. I’m not sure about my GB suggestion if it will go but I’m hoping it will since I extended the build dates. I hope this one does the more I think about it the more Half Tracks I’m finding in my stash

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I think you can do it. I’m not sure about my GB suggestion if it will go but I’m hoping it will since I extended the build dates. I hope this one does the more I think about it the more Half Tracks I’m finding in my stash
It's 'Three Greens' then Lee - and sorry for my poor pun earlier - I really hit the bottom with that!
Steve

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Sorry Dave. Too many other commitments to say yes to this. For once I do actually have something in the stash that would suit, and may join in later, but can’t commit to it up front :disappointed2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
A good subject for a GB and I do have a kit that has sat unopened for too long. However 3 summer months, less bench time when the weather is fine, and other commitments mean I've no chance of completing on time. If the time could be extended or the GB could be much later in the year I would be happy to join in.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sounds like a winner Dave. I'm lousy at finishing GB's, but I got about 18 half track kits in the stash that need to be built in this lifetime! A September start will give me time to finish the Mossie GB (if I'm lucky) and then start your GB........

Prost
Allen