Harley WLA Military Police - scratch build in 1:72

First Name
Peter
Dears,

I've just finished another motorcycle in 1:72 and would like to share it with you. I've scratch built the master parts as I usually do, but this time I've made silicone forms and resin castings. Thanks to that I will be able to make this motorcycle in few different versions. First one is US MP motorbike.

M

m1ks

Incredible, I thought my 1:24 airfix was tiny but this is superb.

Can't wait to see this painted and complete.

First Name
Peter
The lettering is from my scrap decals stock

Awaiting laser cut decals and tyre tread form DRAFMODEL I've started some other pieces of this project. Inspired by the picture of US MP checking papers of some Belgian refugee I decided to represent the scene.

First Name
Peter
After finishing the bicycle I've made the base. As usual I used Schuco car model case. Iąve cut out a piece of the base and filled it out with Milliput. Some scrap sanding paper was a good material for the road surface, a piece of string and seasoning found in my kitchen made the green.

The figures are Italeri, Preisner and some pirate resin copies...

Here is he refugee with his bicycle:

The MP needs some serious rework.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Incredible, I thought my 1:24 airfix was tiny but this is superb.Can't wait to see this painted and complete.
Thanks m1ks - as I make motorcyles in 1:72 I try to put in it more detail than those in 1:35 normally have. Beginning of this year I've finished ITALERI's 1:9 Harley - you can find it here http://www.scale-models.co.uk/under-construction/8688-harley-wla-lend-lease-1-9-italeri-scratch.html and this one was a challenge because the bigger the model - the more detail you have to pack...

First Name
Peter
At last the decals and tyre tread from DRAFMODEL arrived:

All 4 decals on the helmet were applied separately. After applying white star decals on the fuel tank I could fix the fron suspension:

First trials with the lasercut tyre traed were successful:

First Name
Peter
Some last bits and a finnished motorcycle:

And here is the final gallery of the finished project:

P

Plastickitbasher

Just stunning, stunning work.

A master class in 1:72, thank you for sharing.

Regards

David

First Name
Peter
Hi Plastickitbasher ,

I have already started another one. This time it will be a Lend-Lease version with mortar attached to sidecar.

Regards,

Pete

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Truly wonderful modelling! I'd be a very happy guy if I had half that much talent.

Gern

M

m1ks

Stuning, simply stunning, please keep posting your scratchbuilds, you must have infinite patience

J

john22

they are truley amezing mate ....you have a real talent .thanks for shareing with use ...joihn

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
These bikes that you build are truly amazing. Please tell me where you buy those giant matchsticks! LOL

The detail is extreem in such a small modle! Well done!

The pedel bike is just mind blowing too.

Ian M

First Name
Peter
Thank you guys for you kind words. Your cheer is worth every minte I spent gawking through a magnifying glass.