Hartmann Bf109 Finished...and a disaster!

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hey Steve,

A beautiful looking build and paint job, and a brilliant recovery.

I've only ever used paper as a backdrop so hopefully this will not happen to me.

fingers tightly crossed.

Tony.

T

treyzx10r

Great recovery Steve,another 5 star build! You getting me motivated to pull my 109's out of the stash!

A

AJay

Fantastic job. Camo paint jobs make me weak at the knees just thinking about doing them......

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Steve, but didn't you build this one to replace another damaged one ? If so, I fear there is a pattern developing here.

Colin M.......

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi steve, superb job--both times!! Its infuriating to say the least when you think its all done then something comes along like this, the aichi b7 grace i did recently had a similar mishap. i too was taking pics outside on a fairly still day ,and remember the one where the prop was spinning? well just after that a gust of wind picked up the card base and i had to catch the model in mid air- snapping off the aerial and wires which took me about an hour and a half to repair , i just kept breaking the wire applying heat to tension it! Nothing like the flattening your poor 109 got but i know a little how you felt!! Regardless, yours still came out the other end a 5 star job, great recovery!! cheers tony