Has anyone tried this.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5819

Pete,
Looks interesting.
Hi Scottie, I'm trying to find an alternative to plasticine which is a bit sticky and oily, I think it's what MickC uses but as he has stopped posting I don't know.
Pete.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi went a head and got some will see what it's like and report back after test.

Pete.
Pete.
Read about it after you had posted , seems could be ok, had mention of mould making in the blurb
Good luck
John

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Did you try a different brand? I use Klean Klay modeling clay. It is not oily and is a bit sticky, but not very. It takes paint well and doesn't dry out or shrink over time (years and years). PaulE

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have used this before for moulding spare parts for a diorama, I found it worked well as long as you dont let it get too warm. Its definately not as oily as Plasticene.
Paul

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I used it for the water in my LCVP build. it was fine for that , I didn't realise there was any difference between it and plasticine.
If you want to use it for press moulding I would recommend putting in the fridge for awhile to make it stiffer.
HTH
Neil

D

Deleted member 5819

Did you try a different brand? I use Klean Klay modeling clay. It is not oily and is a bit sticky, but not very. It takes paint well and doesn't dry out or shrink over time (years and years). PaulE
Hi PaulE , hadn't heard of it before just had a quick look for it, looks like you can only get it in the US.
Thanks for the information though.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

I have used this before for moulding spare parts for a diorama, I found it worked well as long as you dont let it get too warm. Its definately not as oily as Plasticene.
Paul
Hi Paul, it doesn't smell like it and your right it's not as oily as plasticene. Will be playing later.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

I used it for the water in my LCVP build. it was fine for that , I didn't realise there was any difference between it and plasticine.
If you want to use it for press moulding I would recommend putting in the fridge for awhile to make it stiffer.
HTH
Neil
Hi Neil I did follow your build but didn't realise it was Newplaster you used. Good tip about putting it in the fridge for while.
By the way top job in the LCVP build very impressive.
Pete.