Hasegawa 1/48 JU87G-2 'Stuka'

First Name
Dave
\ said:
You're not hanging about are you?Good stuff, it's looking good.

Steve
The wife was away for 3 days.So I spent a lot of time on the model.Shes back now,so the build will slow down!.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Dave

Slowing down a build isn't always a bad thing. I know you know this but sometimes it's better to just let the model go at it's own pace and enjoy the experience. The Kanonvogel is coming along nicely. The Eduard cockpit etch really does make a difference. I try and leave the small etch knobs until just before I button up the fuselage halves. In this way they're less likely to be knocked off.

This Stuka should look fabulous when finished with the splinter camo and the spiral spinner - very cool.

All the best

P

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice choice Dave, a change for you that's for sure. Nice start, the cockpit is looking great.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I love these Stuka builds going about and you have really nailed this G-2 cockpit...

John :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Nice choice Dave, a change for you that's for sure. Nice start, the cockpit is looking great.
I normally only build WW2 aircraft.But I've started to do the occasional jet as I aquired a few when I bought 30 kits last year from the Widow of a former work colleague.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Slowing down a build isn't always a bad thing.
I've been masking my 'Serengeti' Dornier for several days now.....and I still haven't done the wings :smiling3:

Steve

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking rather nice Dave, some lovely work in the cockpit.

Si:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice, that gun barrel looks much better than the plastic one.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Good progress Dave. I'm surprised the kit has a few gaps, although I think when you sand back the putty these aren't going to be that bad. Metal gun barrels always add a bit more finesse especially when you have perforated muzzle brakes like those of the 37mm canon.

I keep saying this but this promises to be one cool mean-looking model.

Cheers P

First Name
Dave
I've sanded the filler and rescribed lost panel lines.Then I glued the gun sight and two of the canopy sections on.Normally I mask the canopies off the model before attaching them.But in this kit they are very thin and fragile,so I will mask them on the model.

T

treyzx10r

Dave the office looks awesome and the new cannon barrels are sweet,looking forward to the next update !