Hasgawa 1/48 A6M3

T

T. van Vuuren

Here is my Zeke I just completed.As with all Japanese planes it is heavily weathered, but is is receiving some TLC from the groung crew.

As you can see there is a bare alclad repair just ahead of the stab and the worst paint chipping is being re-sprayed.(don't know if it ever hapened, it just looks cool)

Paint is Tamiya Acrylic Japanese grey (it actually has a slight green tint to it) with some pastel for the staining. I also tried some pre-shading on the pannellines and it came out rather nice I think.

It is the first time I used the salt chipping tecnique and I am very pleased with it, could not be simpler.

Theuns

View attachment 29848

View attachment 29849

View attachment 29850

View attachment 29851

View attachment 29852

models 029.jpg

models 028.jpg

models 026.jpg

models 024.jpg

models 023.jpg

models 029.jpg

models 028.jpg

models 026.jpg

models 024.jpg

models 023.jpg

B

beav1013

looks great. the chipping really did come out very nice. excellent results too with the pre-shading. nice job.

B

Bunkerbarge

I've never tried the salt method but I've always meant to and, from what I've read, it seems reasonably straightforward. The effect on your model is very impressive and looks very realistic. Excellent job.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice job and the chipping looks very good. I have tried "Ye Olde Salt" technique but always struggled to get the chipping in scale. Yours looks fine on a very nice build.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice work Theuns. Thata turned out really good.

Ian M

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx guys, I have to say the chipping works allot easier with the Acrylic than on the cowl I did in enamel. Onlt strang thing is that the salt tends to stain the silver enamel where it is aplied, this is not a bad thing though as alclad does stain in a blochy way.

I will defenately try this again if I do armour.If you aply a coat of "rust" first they say the chipping looks realy good.

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi theuns , lovely zero mate. The chipping is great, just right, top job! cheers tony