having a nightmare.

P

ping-pong

ive just tried to finish the camo on a carro armato P40 and im having a bit of a nightmare. Trying to get the highlights around the green and brown patches. i have a good colour for it but im struggling to do it with my airbrush. Should i mask it, i tried freehand it didnt work then with a brush and it wasnt good.

Can anyone help me with the best way to proceed. ill post a pic of the camo effect im trying to get.

Thanks

Si :smiling3: View attachment 31901

View attachment 36873

P1000415.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Believe it or not there was a somewhat similar scheme applied to some aircraft,different colours but the principal is the same.

In a small scale I would apply the light colour all over the model first. Then roll out some Blu-Tac sausages and lay them over the lines you want to end up in the light colour. Fill in between the sausages with the relevant darker colours. Remove the Blu-Tac and you should have your camo scheme.

As ever practice on some scrap to get the sausages the correct size etc.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Beat me to it Steve but that's the way I would go as well. A good 'Blu-Tac' if you cant find the real Blu-Tac is the one from Bantex, it sells under the name Tack-All and is white.

Ian M

P

ping-pong

thank you again. ive got some blu tac, its going to get sausaged.

cheers

Si :smiling3:

T

tecdes

Simon I should test your blue tac on something other than your model first.

I have found it leaves a ghost residue where as the white tac comes away clean.

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Re that residue. make sure you clean your hands before applying you Blu or White Tac. It will transfer crap from your hands to the model and cause the sort of thing Laurie described.

Cheers

Steve

P

ping-pong

im just about to go to the shop and buy some white tac and then wash my hands. :smiling3:

cheers

L

lemoff

Wash your hands? Dam, must be nearly September ;)

All good tips that i shall try to remember when i get to do mine :D

Cheers all